Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2007, 21:05   #31
God Member

Re: Smoking At School

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel3ft View Post
i only left school two years ago and the teachers allowed the year elevens to smoke on the tennis courts but kids under year eleven use to borrow a year elevens tie who didnt smoke to gain access to the court

even worse i use to get on a school bus and they use to sell joints on the top deck for £2 in the mornin and at night
It just gets worse!!
Old 29-09-2007, 21:19   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel3ft View Post
i only left school two years ago and the teachers allowed the year elevens to smoke on the tennis courts but kids under year eleven use to borrow a year elevens tie who didnt smoke to gain access to the court

even worse i use to get on a school bus and they use to sell joints on the top deck for £2 in the mornin and at night
Now that is the sign of how bads things have got then. I wish I was back at school sometimes but not if its got that bad. I got up to enough mischief at school but never went that far.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 07:26   #33
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

so as from monday, it raises to 18 to sell.....means nowt really,...only means that kids will be asking adults to buy there fags for them....nothing new there then!

wonder how the school kids are gonna react in the morning when they go for there fags...
Old 30-09-2007, 14:14   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
so as from monday, it raises to 18 to sell.....means nowt really,...only means that kids will be asking adults to buy there fags for them....nothing new there then!
Sure you are correct Panther, the kids smoking outside were probably under 16 anyway. Can only think will be of help to the shopkeeper if they do try to buy them themselves .. easier to identify an 18.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 15:04   #35
Resting in Peace

Just reverting back to the discussion on 'between' offices Sara, have been looking on the TUC sight of recommendations and guidances to employees. They state the fact the it is NOT ILLEGAL to smoke in your own car whilst working (no passengers) of course, and OK within the Health and Safety guidelines.

I would query this with the union rep. if it were me, and ask them for what reason they are demanding this discipline .. can't see how they can really impose it myself. After all, you are not cheating them by taking any time from them, would be more serious if you were calling in the local sandwich shop on your way over to get your buttie for lunch, as this is stealing their time for your own purposes.

Am definitely going to query it at work as seemingly is in their 'Union Rules' too .. I am not a member.

Was once pointed out to me that I lit up a cigarette during a fire drill, where we all met on Ossymills grass (where the public are allowed to smoke) to be told 'Is in works time' .. nothing to do with Health and Safety for which this law was brought in originally.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2007, 15:42   #36

I've always find it weird that I'm from the age of around 14 I could get hold of weed x100 easier than I could get hold of alcohol. 17 now and it's still would be easier to get cannabis than a pint. I don't use cannabis and never have deon, just stating the availability compared to alcohol is one reason many people do.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..