Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-06-2007, 23:36   #31

Re: Smoking ban........

that oaklea will do well on the decking this summer.you can smoke out there.they are putting on summer offers of beer jugs and that.shouldnt be saying this really because be no seats out there for me
how many other hyndburn pubs have outside drinking/smoking though?
i can think of broadway,swan,adelpi,railway,queens,a few in clayton,nowt in ossy really,and ermmmmmmm,see i am struggling now
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2007, 23:41   #32
Give, give, give member

I'll be alright when I go out, as from July the first, I shall only be smoking crack and opium, not tobacco.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 15:53   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I'll be alright when I go out, as from July the first, I shall only be smoking crack and opium, not tobacco.
Lol very funny.

I also noticed you change your avatar very fast. A minute ago it was maggie thatcher. What a lovely lady.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 16:03   #34
Senior Member+

Having just been in the Broadway I won't be going back in a hurry;it's absolutely filthy, I couldn't bring myself to sit on the seats, ripped,dirty and all the stuffing hanging out. I know it's just been taken over but come on, you can't expect folk to come back again after that. It used to be a really nice pub, I ate there regularly, it is in desperate need of a refit.
Old 30-06-2007, 16:33   #35
God Member

I have read on a news page today that the new smoking law does not apply in the Isle of Man -maybe they'll get a tourist boom of smokers?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 17:33   #36
God Member

I'm off to the Isle of Man!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 17:35   #37
God Member

Smoking is a dirty habit and its not really a feminine habit. When I see girls my age smoke I think it looks really horrible and tacky. I cant imagine why men would be attracted to a woman that smokes.

Men smell anyway but girls should smell fresh and clean, not of fags.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 17:40   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Smoking is a dirty habit and its not really a feminine habit. When I see girls my age smoke I think it looks really horrible and tacky. I cant imagine why men would be attracted to a woman that smokes.

Stinky Paris Hilton smokes.

Paris Hilton got scared after being snapped smoking something in her car by a cameraman. TMZ is reporting that after seeing the photographer, she became nervous. Paris suddenly swung her head forward pulled down her visor and started applying lipstick.

Old 30-06-2007, 17:54   #39
God Member

Oh Dear I was misinformed
BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Isle of Man | Public smoking ban a step nearer
I was websearching flats to let too (expensive)

Old 30-06-2007, 17:57   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

Yes,thanks for that.I am aware that smoking has long since lost the sophisticated image that it once held.I can assure you though that I have not had any trouble attracting men (and nice clean ones too,not just tramps who live in skips!)My personal hygiene is excellent.Please picture me more Carrie Bradshaw and less Waynetta Slob Everyone's got something they can't abide in others,mine is people with halitosis,and before you start on about smokers' breath I do not mean fag breath,I mean decay and breath so putrid it smells like something's curled up and died in their oesophagus and a whiff could knock you out at 20 paces But I have witnessed a couple of people with this problem managing to pull.Another one is people who smell as if their shower's been on the blink for months (terrible B.O) managing to pull,that never ceases to amaze me.There are worse crimes in life than smoking although you wouldn't believe it at the moment as smokers seem to be blamed for everything,I even read today that we are going to confuse the hell out of guide dogs when we're all huddled together on the pavement.Soon smoking will be prohibited on the streets too and the only place in the world you can have a fag will be a little hut on the Isle of Man
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 18:02   #41
God Member

Farters make me retch
Ok to smoke in I O M until 2008 only

Last edited by MargaretR; 30-06-2007 at 18:04.
Old 30-06-2007, 18:22   #42
God Member

Sark Island in the Channel Islands is the only place within easy reach which has no anti smoking laws whatsoever, and none proposed/pending.
Many European countries have allowed indoor ventilated areas for smokers.
I am still searching for an ideal holiday destination for 2008 - will report back.
It seems I O Man will fine until March 2008.

Old 30-06-2007, 20:58   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Farters make me retch
Try smoking the tipped ones instead.

Old 30-06-2007, 21:16   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Try smoking the tipped ones instead.
LOL - cant stand nose pickers either - they should be fined for dropping bogies.
Holiday smokers update - CUBA - a long way to go for a fag isnt it?
There is an airline being set up which will be allowing smokers - but it will only fly to Japan (ha so)
The Italians have a ban but allow sealed/ventilated smoking areas in larger restaurants - knowing ITAI culture they wont conform to a ban anyway.
Rumour has it that some bars in Scotland and Ireland are allowing smoking after the doors are shut in the late hours - sort of 'smoking after time' - my research continues.......

Old 30-06-2007, 21:20   #45
Give, give, give member

It does seem very strange that there are no exceptions to the ban, not even if you set up a private member's club for smokers.

You can legally go and get your botty tanned in Accrington, at that Miss Whiplash's place, yet you couldn't start a private club allowing consenting adults to smoke tobacco behind closed doors.

Weird old Nanny state.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..