Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2006, 21:30   #136
God Member

Re: Smoking near children should be a punishable offence!

OK Gayle and over many past generations how many children have developed into healthy little adults even though they've been surrounded by a family of smokers ........... MILLIONS UPON MILLIONS!!

As for cot death, how often are we told as worried parents of a beautiful little baby that cot death is rare!
Old 17-04-2006, 21:35   #137
God Member

Omg it's not just about the risk to the child, even forgetting all that statistical gumph, It's about RESPECT for the child to be able to breath, while mummy puts the seat belt on. That smokes going straight down it's lungs, it's can't move. it gan't say get away from me your choking me. Sod the do gooders, look at it from that perspective.
Even if she waits till she gets in and drives off, at least she isn't two feet away or less, and she can open the car window. With the hand she's not smoking with of course, look no hands.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 21:39   #138
God Member

And in it's eyes. Then there's the risk the kid will grab it, or mummy will drop it between baby and car seat, ouch, that wouldn't be good would it.
Old 17-04-2006, 21:40   #139
God Member

Yeah and once a do-gooder gets their own way by smokers simply not smoking whilst putting the childs seat belt on, next they won't want the smoker in the car at all with the child, then the child in the same house as a smoker! Never ends does it!
Old 17-04-2006, 21:42   #140
I am Banned

Cars still kill far more children a year than anything else but its ignored to suit the bandwagoners!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 21:47   #141
God Member

Terrorist kill a hell of a lot of Innocent children and people too!!....still letting them NUMPTIES into the country though aren't we!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2006, 21:48   #142
God Member

So it should be. you shouldn't smoke anywhere near a child. They can't tell you to bog off outside or go outside themselves. The parent should have gave up, while she was pregnant anyway, and should be quite capable of going to the door or near a window at least. All thats irrelevant here though, TWO minutes it takes to strap a child in and she can't wait till she's in the car till she lights up, the womans a joke. Plus as I've said, when the mothers in the car or at home, she's not two feet away in the close confines of a car, and leaning over the child.
Smoke by all mean, but at least use some common sense when doing so. Especially when your own flesh and blood is being put at risk.
Old 17-04-2006, 21:49   #143
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
So it should be. you shouldn't smoke anywhere near a child. They can't tell you to bog off outside or go outside themselves. The parent should have gave up, while she was pregnant anyway, and should be quite capable of going to the door or near a window at least. All thats irrelevant here though, TWO minutes it takes to strap a child in and she can't wait till she's in the car till she lights up, the womans a joke. Plus as I've said, when the mothers in the car or at home, she's not two feet away in the close confines of a car, and leaning over the child.
Smoke by all mean, but at least use some common sense when doing so. Especially when your own flesh and blood is being put at risk.
Rather sexist aswell!!!!!!!!
Old 17-04-2006, 21:53   #144
I am Banned

I bet you lot dont turn away the tax money either that smoking provides the revenue for??????????????

I dont see you saying "its ok Mr Brown we dont want smokers tax contributions" do you?

Fags go up more than anything in tax revenue yet you bite the hand that feeds!
Old 17-04-2006, 21:56   #145
God Member

Cars and terrorists probbably do, but it still doesn't make the actions in the first post any more acceptable to me. Yes it proves most everyday things we do are more dengerous to our children than smoking whilst leaning over them, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable to do it.
What I wanna know is, why is it that every time someone criticises a smoker. why are they labeled a do gooder. out come all the statistics, the digs that no smokers are biased against them, and it's them that should go to place where there are no smokers if they want a smoke free placeThat person may even be a smoker themselves. Why such a deffensive.
It's very funny and very entertaining.
Old 17-04-2006, 21:57   #146
God Member

Not sexist at, all the same applies to daddy. The only reason it says female is that it was a female in the first post.

Last edited by Madhatter; 17-04-2006 at 22:00. Reason: S&P
Old 17-04-2006, 21:58   #147
I am Banned

mmmmm maybe windup merchants should be taxed & punished too
Old 17-04-2006, 22:03   #148
God Member

What I am interested in though is whats your opinion on the new smoking laws that will ban smoking from pubs babyboo?
Old 17-04-2006, 22:09   #149
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
. Why such a deffensive.
I'll tell you why, because I'm unable to enjoy the same freedom to make decisions that my ancestors were entitled to. I'll say it again .... smoking round children has gone on for generations and no harm came to them!!
Old 17-04-2006, 22:13   #150
Resting in Peace

Well, I was always thoughtful and opened the window when smoking in the car, suppose that's why they got stiff necks and colds regularly. can't win, can you ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..