Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2006, 15:09   #181
God Member

Re: Smoking near children should be a punishable offence!

Sorry, thats the way it reads with the quoted text, I was being a bit sarcastic,but I think you know that. Mp's are very ignorant and will even go to extremes of hiding e-mail addresses to avoid recieving. Of course it was a knee jerk reaction. It's a knee jerk reaction that goes to far to quick, and will affect peoples lives, some because they smoke, others because their main trade smoke.
Just because I haven't got children doesn't mean I don't know whats right and wrong or practicle and unpracticle. I don't need to be a parent to know that smoking while putting a child in a seat is wrong, and not doing it is not going to be impracticle.
Also just because I don't have children doesn't mean I haven't had experience of being around children. I've lived in a house with someone who has 4 children.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2006, 15:13   #182
God Member

Sorry, thats the way it reads with the quoted text, I was being a bit sarcastic,but I think you know that. Mp's are very ignorant and will even go to extremes of hiding e-mail addresses to avoid receiving. Of course it was a knee jerk reaction. It's a knee jerk reaction that goes to far to quick, and will affect peoples lives, some because they smoke, others because their main trade smoke.
Just because I haven't got children doesn't mean I don't know whats right and wrong or practical and unpractical. I don't need to be a parent to know that smoking while putting a child in a seat is wrong, and not doing it is not going to be impractical.
Also just because I don't have children doesn't mean I haven't had experience of being around children. I've lived in a house with someone who has 4 children.
Old 19-04-2006, 15:17   #183
I am Banned

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm being in a house full of children not of your own is much easier mate, try having them on your own 24/7 ..everyday 12months a yearr for at least 18+ years or better still till you snuff it then tell me different!

Bit like a midwife whom hasnt gone through childbirth herself telling you it isn't painful & its a piece of cake!!

Last edited by accymel; 19-04-2006 at 15:20.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2006, 16:52   #184
God Member

How do you know It's much easier, you don't know what the children are like or how long i stoped there, how many hours, days, or if I had to look after them on my own, and I'm not going to say.
If I wanted to try it I would have had my own, if you don't like it or can't cope perhaps you shouldn't have, not that I believe for one second that thats the case. what you've put above makes it sound like you think of them as a burden that are unwanted hardwork for the rest of your life and you get nothing in return.
Stop making things sound worse than they are just to make me look like i don't know how difficult being a parent can be. I do, thats why I'm not one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..