Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2005, 15:21   #76
God Member

Re: Smoking near children should be a punishable offence!

Phew! I'm so glad someone else brought it up, I didn't want to sound like an old fuddy duddy.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-09-2005, 15:24   #77
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
i am slightly illiterate. it dont matter how many times i am told if i or e comes first. or which there or thier to use...or when and where to use a comma...i still cant do it.. i also cant write much... well i cant write... never learnt join up writing and my print is unreadable.

so long as people can figure out what I am typing... thats all that matters...
What?
Actually that was what I was trying to say, but I obviously missed!

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 15:30   #78
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Phew! I'm so glad someone else brought it up, I didn't want to sound like an old fuddy duddy.
It's your thread did you mean grammar or:-

Quote:
Children could be weaned onto nicotine by the parent's use of a pipe which is apparently less harmful.
It's only a question, I still think you have very strange priorities! (and try to force them on others), but then, I'm known for talking c*ap you are an amateur!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 16:23   #79
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
baby boo, with your mum and dad smoking did this have any effect on you not wanting to smoke?
mum quit as she didnt like the name some people called her she had the will power to stop.
you told me when i was young if i ever catch you with a fag in your mouth i will make you eat it! i was scared you would do not every parents threaten their children like that the kids nowadays would probably get thier parents done for something like that. anyway it doesnt appeal to me as i see people every day struggling to breathe because of a little white stick.
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 16:25   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Please, if you are going to quote me, or use me in anyway do it in English not text! We have no need to use anything other than the normal language on here we have plenty of room and the keyboard is so much bigger!

(what you are trying to say could make sense if as the majority of us, you use plain language).

(Oh dear have I opened a different can of worms? Again!)

seconded on that subject less!
Old 06-09-2005, 16:27   #81
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
Yes it is u can choose where u live u is at that age now, u arnt blaming yr parents who put u in that environment but u blame us n we are a big part of the pub business to which they chose to work in n nrly all other working environments are non smoking!!!

oh yeah houses are way too expensive and renting is just dead money and what choice did i have at 16 years old to go and live on my own then??
Old 06-09-2005, 16:33   #82
God Member

My old man ended up with a triple heart by pass because of it and the sight of someone who goes through that should put any kid of smoking.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 16:36   #83
Resident Waffler

I know we all make spelling mistakes and the odd grammatical booboo but it's things like "I wuz finkin ov goin if u iz goin" that get me going!

And there are times when the total meaning of a post can be completely misunderstood because it isn't read the way it was written due to lack of punctuation. I tend to put things in italics or bold if I want that word to be read with emphasis just to be sure that the reader reads it the way I meant it when I was typing.

I love some of the classic "errors" like the ad for a dining room table:

"For sale, dining room table previously owned by student with one wonky leg"

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 16:41   #84

erm..i guess this thread is about anti-smoking kinda. im all for banning smoking in public places...i know ill get flack for this but...i dont make you all have to put up with my bad habits..why should i have to endure everyone elses??
Old 06-09-2005, 16:44   #85
God Member

I will go back for more schooling in English.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 22:20   #86
Accy Goddess

It is very hard when your typing not to use text speak when you do a lot of texting.
The couple of stray words here and there is all well and good but people should be aware of those people out there that cant read text speak.
Of late we seem to be getting more and more posts that are pure text speak.
All that is asked is that a post is as readable has possible to all our members.
Remember you are typeing not txting. ( oopse )
Please dont deleat post just for one slip up.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 22:31   #87
Resident Waffler

I apologise if I have offended anyone by saying that I find it difficult to read some things when the punctuation is sparse. It wasn't my intention to have a dig at anyone but just to hope that we can all try to be sure that what we say is actually what we meant to say and can be read as such.

Now let's get back to the plot, which I don't think was intended as a dig at all smokers either. It all boils down to considering others and consequences. We've probably done it to death anyway by now.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 22:33   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny gem
erm..i guess this thread is about anti-smoking kinda. im all for banning smoking in public places...i know ill get flack for this but...i dont make you all have to put up with my bad habits..why should i have to endure everyone elses??
Oh and what bad habits would those be gem??/

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 22:42   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agreed with what gayle said about kiddies lungs etc, but to me the title of the thread made it a dig at smokers, sorry but thats my opinion.
Old 06-09-2005, 22:47   #90

Well i smoke 20 a day.Untill about 23hrs30mins ago.I could kill for a fag now but i'm not going to.Sod the puffers and patches,cold turkey is on the menu.Smoking is evil and should be banned everywhere but of course it raises lotsa cash for our government which must outweigh the cost of treating victims of this addiction.I still want a fag though.lol
PILKYBUSDRIVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..