Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2011, 13:39   #1
God Member

so..

so i see the 1p cut in fuel didnt last long its up 3p since the 1p cut and thats not mentioning the stations that didnt put the 1p cut into effect

what a joke this government is.They have allowed insurance companies to run rampent with unjustifyable increases in prices and allowed fuel prices to soar out of control.

food prices are also soaring because of this yet the government sits back and does nothing to ease the burden on the people of the uk but is quite willing to pour billions into other countries in aid and stick its nose into another war

is it just me that sees a problem with this ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-04-2011, 13:44   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: so..

no i see a problem wi it, but they were voted in n joined by the weasels, so thats end of, simple.
Old 14-04-2011, 13:49   #3
God Member

im sure cameron is setting out to destroy this country

massive cuts to police that are overstretched as it is

crippling industry with huge fuel prices

increasing vat

cuts to defence yet getting involved in more war

blowing all the money saved by cuts on other countries

borrowing even more money to give away to other countries

this guy is clearly off his rocker

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 14-04-2011, 15:05   #4
God Member

Massive cuts to police - err, the recent report that the 300million was bing met through increased effciency means that they have effectively wasted 300 million a year for god knows how long, being a public body there is little drive to run as efficiently as a private company where costs reduce profits. what I see here is that they have finally had to have a good look and have met a 300million cut there is probably a lot more in there as well.

what the real issue shows itself as is too much paperwork and too many levels of management and not enough bobbies on the beat.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 17:54   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
im sure cameron is setting out to destroy this country

massive cuts to police that are overstretched as it is

crippling industry with huge fuel prices

increasing vat

cuts to defence yet getting involved in more war

blowing all the money saved by cuts on other countries

borrowing even more money to give away to other countries

this guy is clearly off his rocker
How the hell can Cameron destroy this country it was already a basket case when he took over thanks to Messrs Blair Brown and Darling, who quite frankly couldn't run a bath between them
Old 14-04-2011, 19:37   #6
JFT96

Oh no not again............................................. ....................................

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 19:43   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
How the hell can Cameron destroy this country it was already a basket case when he took over thanks to Messrs Blair Brown and Darling, who quite frankly couldn't run a bath between them
I have to say jaysay that the present occupants of downing street dont seem to have much idea either, just for example the health ministers answers to the nurses seem a little vague on what is his plan for the national health service after all, the main answers seemed to be" i dont know yet" which doesnt bode well, me thinks. Just to balance things out though i thought the last lot were a set of pillocks as well

Last edited by walkinman221; 14-04-2011 at 19:45.
walkinman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2011, 19:56   #8
God Member

Quote:
i havnt said labour havnt done any dammage but to gain power and put us through such drastic cuts only to give the money saved away and then borrow more money to give away rather than keep the UK in order and on its way to recovery is just plain stupid

what cameron is doing is the equivalent of me watching my family go without while i take out a bank loan and give it away to a stranger in the street.

perhaps if money saved from cuts was kept within the uk or at least paid the uk's debts off the cuts would be easier to stomach but to get further into debt borrowing more money and giving it to countries that either dont need it or will never pay it back is stupid

Old 14-04-2011, 20:15   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:
perhaps if money saved from cuts was kept within the uk or at least paid the uk's debts off the cuts would be easier to stomach but to get further into debt borrowing more money and giving it to countries that either dont need it or will never pay it back is stupid
Labour had already admitted that they would have made cuts if they'd got back into office - perhaps not as deep and fast as the Con/Dems, but cuts nevertheless.

As for overseas aid, there's no way Labour would have cut that, as helping underdeveloped countries is a sacred tenet of the party. Why do you think all the Labour party members go very quiet when the subject is brought up on here (with the exception of Ken who's a loose cannon anyway).

So Labour would've been doing just the same thing if they were in power - borrowing money to give away. They just wouldn't have gone to such extreme lengths.
Old 14-04-2011, 20:26   #10
God Member

not particularly bothered what labour would or would not have done they are not in power.My concern is with who is in power making the cock up and if labour were in power doing the same i would be complaining at balls not cameron.Unlike some i am not blinded by faith to a party infact i dont care which is in power if they are doing somthing stupid i will call them for it just like i call blair a war criminal and nothing more than bushes bitch but thats a different topic

whoever is in power needs to grow a set of balls and pull the plug on dishing out money we cant afford to give away so government can take care of the people of its own country first.When times are good then help with what we can and when times are bad like they are now then withdraw the help.Seriously it isnt rocket science and no degree in finance is needed to know that throwing good money after bad never works

Old 15-04-2011, 06:47   #11
God Member

I agree with Accyman even if that seems quite at odds, we do spend far too much money outside of this country when people here need that support. I read that the amount spent on fighting teh drug trade is 2x what it would cost to actually buy teh whole output of afghanistan ( where 90% of UK heroin comes from) and destroy it (or controversially give it away in controlled centres, if you want it and can get it for nowt why bother stealing/mugging/etc ).

The war in Iraq/Afghanistan costs enough that we could make a massive cut in the tax on Petrol/diesel and still be in pocket.

Yes, when we can afford it lets do what we can, when times are tough you cut your cloth accordingly and right now times ARE tough and need to be to fix the excess that people have enjoyed on borrowed money for the last 10 years.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2011, 08:52   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i havnt said labour havnt done any dammage but to gain power and put us through such drastic cuts only to give the money saved away and then borrow more money to give away rather than keep the UK in order and on its way to recovery is just plain stupid

what cameron is doing is the equivalent of me watching my family go without while i take out a bank loan and give it away to a stranger in the street.

The only reason we're giving money away to other countries is because the last shower signed up to it when they knew they were being tossed out on their backsides, but why let the truth get in the way
Old 15-04-2011, 09:04   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The only reason we're giving money away to other countries is because the last shower signed up to it when they knew they were being tossed out on their backsides, but why let the truth get in the way
So before that,we have never given money away, even back when many were in negative equity? but why let the truth get in the way.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:10   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So before that,we have never given money away, even back when many were in negative equity? but why let the truth get in the way.
I'm talking about the nations who signed up to the Euro, who are now going tits up, we had more sense, the only good think Brown did really, but why sign up to paying money to those in the Euro Zone when its sod all to do with use.
Old 15-04-2011, 09:13   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I'm talking about the nations who signed up to the Euro, who are now going tits up, we had more sense, the only good think Brown did really, but why sign up to paying money to those in the Euro Zone when its sod all to do with use.
and people are mindreaders? yer only NOW mentioned that as a get outa jail card.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..