Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2018, 17:33   #16
Beacon of light

Re: So Our Glorious Leader Wishes To Ataack?

The funding for litter bins is already there.
Of course there needs to be someone to do the surveillance and the issuing of penalties, but why can this not be done 'in house'.....why does it need to be a contracted company?
All a contracted company wants to do is make a profit....they have no real interest in ensuring that the streets are clean....and they will concentrate on the town centre and everywhere else can go hang.

The place where my mother lived was frequently littered with beer cans, fast food containers(some still containing the remains of a kebab....encouraging vermin) and other detritus.
This was rarely cleaned up by council operatives, but I am sure if enforcement officers were employed they would have little or no impact on residential areas where litter is a blight.
Gremlin likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2018, 16:06   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Yes the funding of litter bins is there, what is needed before fining people is the correct placement of litter bins.
If, a pub for example has a large collection of dog ends then stick a bin outside it, IF that doesn't cure the problem THEN send in the litter Police not before,
Our representative in the big house chunners on about being a local, well, being a local is to bend over backwards and prevent ones neighbours from getting into trouble, so look at the trouble spots, if they haven't got a bin, provide one, if then the situation continues send in the litter Police, not before.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 18:12   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes the funding of litter bins is there, what is needed before fining people is the correct placement of litter bins.
If, a pub for example has a large collection of dog ends then stick a bin outside it, IF that doesn't cure the problem THEN send in the litter Police not before,
Our representative in the big house chunners on about being a local, well, being a local is to bend over backwards and prevent ones neighbours from getting into trouble, so look at the trouble spots, if they haven't got a bin, provide one, if then the situation continues send in the litter Police, not before.
Aye but is that the quickest way to win Brownie Points?
Old 30-08-2018, 18:33   #19
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Aye but is that the quickest way to win Brownie Points?
I doubt that he would ever be able to walk on water and that would be the minimum he would have to do to make up for his past failings to his constituents and gain brownie points from me.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 19:38   #20
Beacon of light

I second that Less....he would have to be able to feed the five thousand with a Greggs sausage roll and a bottle of Seven Up too.
There will be a thick frost on Satans horns before I put my X in his box again.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

« Sugar tax | Bolton »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..