Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2012, 18:18   #1
God Member

Angry so so so so angry!!

Some wonderful, kind, thoughtful driver of I am guessing a van/wagon/lorry has swiped the side of my car whilst parked outside my house between Fri and Tues and kindly thought they wouldn't worry me by letting me know... how nice of them ................................. NOT!!!

It's a bloody mess and will need the passenger side rear door and wing (that stretches over doors to the front) replacing as well as other bits.

I do know what hit me was bright yellow as they kindly left some of their vehicle paint flakes behind and where damage is seems to high for a car and that's it!!!

Second time this has happened to me in 12 months, other time was in a car park on the drivers rear side!!

Just very very very slightly angry right now!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-03-2012, 18:38   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: so so so so angry!!

Don't blame you red, thats the lowest of the law
Old 15-03-2012, 19:19   #3
Give, give, give member

Sorry to read that.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 19:47   #4

That sucks is there no corner shops or anything near you with CCTV
Old 15-03-2012, 20:00   #5
God Member

The yellow paint causes me to suspect that it was some type of earth moving equipment that did it. If there is a building site near you you might care to look if any of their equipment has your paint on it.
It may be a fruitless effort if you find it. The driver's job could be on the line if he admitted it

Commiserations anyway - that sort of damage sounds expensive

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 22:09   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its the way of the world Red, its a bitch, happened to me a few years back, yeh may find this hard to believe, but i was a trifle angry also.
Old 16-03-2012, 06:35   #7
Senior Member+

Have you tried contacted the council or L.C.C. to see if they had any of their vehicles in the area?
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 08:51   #8

So annoying when people damage your property and don't have the decency to admit it!!! We had our car parked on our drive which I thought was a safe place to leave it however maybe not seen as I came out to get into it Tues morning and some lowlife scum has stolen a plastic strip from the side of the car and also a wheel arch plastic strip off the car too I too am left to foot the bill of replacing these items which I am quoted at £40 some people are just scum!!!
kelsilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 14:58   #9

Or a city link van like the one driven by ash (the guy you stopped at twin valley. He was a tad scared lol)

Last edited by Mr Aleks; 16-03-2012 at 14:58. Reason: Van not can!
Mr Aleks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 15:34   #10
Full Member+

A few years ago , someone scratched graffitti on our car,cost us £400 for respray. Unfortunately because we park on the road it is higher insurance and this was not eligible for a claim.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 22:54   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Aleks View Post
Or a city link van like the one driven by ash (the guy you stopped at twin valley. He was a tad scared lol)
ha ha ha very much doubt I scared him, I was very nice asking him if his van with the big scratches down the side had been to gt harwood and he was lovely in return bless him.

What did he say??

Thanks everyone, just needed to vent!! Think it has pushed me into part ex few months earlier than I planned, not decided fully yet

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..