Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2007, 22:35   #1
I am Banned

Social Services failed again

Parents jailed for exteme cruelty of their 4 year old daughter, locked her in the toilet, naked, scaulds, clumps of her hair etc. Social services again failed to act yet again. Mother jailed for 11 years, father jailed for 10yrs.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08022007/14...tic-abuse.html

Absolute disgust at what these evil gets did & failure again of social services getting it wrong!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2007, 22:42   #2
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Social Services failed again

Cases like this make me wish I could change the sentencing laws. I would like the same treatment to be given to the parents as they gave to this poor little child and, yes, I'd be happy be the one to do it.
Old 08-02-2007, 22:45   #3
God Member

this is just heartbreaking.....that poor poor child was let down by the system and her own parents..just hope she can learn to trust again...and finds someone to give her all the love in the world
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 22:51   #4
God Member

I don't mind admitting I was close to tears listening to the news reports of this earlier. Poor little sweetheart ..... I just hope she has so much love given to her now she's away from those monsters.
Old 08-02-2007, 22:52   #5
Resident Waffler

I'm going to say it again and I don't care who doesn't like what I say. These people should be prevented from ever having another child. I don't give a tuppeny fig about any so called human rights they may claim they have. I know it isn't legally a permissible part of the punishment and actually I don't regard it as punishment. I believe it should be a necessary requirement that anyone convicted of treating their own child in such a horrifying way should be sterelized.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 23:53   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Cases like this make me wish I could change the sentencing laws. I would like the same treatment to be given to the parents as they gave to this poor little child and, yes, I'd be happy be the one to do it.

Not to worry the cons will get at them as they cannot stand this kind of crime. These 2 evil people will spend their sentence in solitary for their own safety.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:10   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the thing that really brasses me off as well as these 2 scumbags is the BITCH from social services on the news tonight, saying discipinary procedure was not deemed necessary, if any of you cocked up like that,in yer jobs yer feet wouldn,t touch.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:30   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the thing that really brasses me off as well as these 2 scumbags is the BITCH from social services on the news tonight, saying discipinary procedure was not deemed necessary, if any of you cocked up like that,in yer jobs yer feet wouldn,t touch.
Who decided that then some jobsworth? The party involved should have been charged as well.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 01:32   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Who decided that then some jobsworth? The party involved should have been charged as well.
yep one of the heads of social services for the area,COW.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:38   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep one of the heads of social services for the area,COW.
No morals concience or pity. A typical jobsworth.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 09-02-2007, 03:19   #11
Resting in peace

What is, and always has been wrong with, The department Of Social Services, is they either 'jump in' with both feet, or they don't go in at all.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:22   #12
Yank in King Art's Court!

Sad that this sort of stuff is a world wide problem. Cindy heard on the news about a tragic situation in Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA.

Seems, a 5 year old girl's father got upset with her for not going to bed when told and after being hit a bit. The 23 year old father decided to throw her outside in the cold. Not sure how long or what, but seems the girl ended up dying out there!

These stories are so very difficult to comprehend!
\
Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:42   #13
Resident Waffler

I just can't find words to describe how I feel. How could anyone treat a child that way? I hope he was found guilty of manslaughter at the very least.

I just heard on our news this morning that the little girl Mel posted about had actually been taken from the parents as a baby and then later given back to them I suppose this was their 'human rights' to have their own child back. Social Services were supposed to be keeping an eye on her but one time when they went she had a broken arm and they just accepted the story that she'd had an accident. Several times after that they called but failed to see the child, just accepted the mother's story that she was out with the Dad!

There are supposed to be guidelines that where a child is known to be possibly at risk and that child suffers an injury they are supposed to speak to the child away from the parents and ask the child what happened. OK the child may have been too scared of her parents or unable to tell anyone anything but surely they'd have been able to see signs?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:18   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I'm going to say it again and I don't care who doesn't like what I say. These people should be prevented from ever having another child. I don't give a tuppeny fig about any so called human rights they may claim they have. I know it isn't legally a permissible part of the punishment and actually I don't regard it as punishment. I believe it should be a necessary requirement that anyone convicted of treating their own child in such a horrifying way should be sterelized.
I totally agree with Willow on this one. The sentance doesn't seem enough either, how anyone can treat a child like this is beyond me, how the social services missed the signs of abuse also beggars belief, hope the parents endure similar treatment in prison.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 13:20   #15
God Member

wasnt it the childs grandmother that raised the alarm...? and as for the social services going round to be told the child were out with her dad this happened several times and no action were taken... that SW should be strung up..i mean why oh why did she not insist on waiting and seeing the little girl for herself . alarm bells should have rung the second time she were given that story..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..