Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2005, 22:47   #16
Resident Waffler

Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

I don't object to gays/lesbians being treated equally. EVERYONE should be treated equally. It's when a particular group is singled out for preferential treatment that I object.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2005, 22:54   #17
I am Banned

if they go ahead and make our entire fleet a paradise for gays this could be what ends up defending our shores
Attached Images
File Type: jpg in_the_navy.jpg (102.5 KB, 13 views)
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 22:59   #18
God Member

As Lord Onslow once said on Have I Got News For You. "The Church of England used to be pro fox-hunting and anti buggery. Now it's pro buggery and anti fox-hunting".

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 23:01   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
As Lord Onslow once said on Have I Got News For You. "The Church of England used to be pro fox-hunting and anti buggery. Now it's pro buggery and anti fox-hunting".
next year they will be pro buggering foxes

lets see how the hunt sabatours handle that one lmao
Old 22-02-2005, 14:36   #20
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I have a problem with the making quarters gay 'friendly' places. What the hell does that mean? Naval vessels are warships for crying out loud. Everybody working on a warship must work as a team and be treated alike regardless of sexual orientation, colour, religion etc.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 14:47   #21
g78

i think thats what they are trying to do lettie, making somewhere gay friendly doesnt mean turning it into a gay 'zone'. It just means that if someone is gay then they can go there without being discriminated or made fun of. Just like places should be for all sex, race and religion. Im not saying people should be treated differently because they are gay or whatever. I just mean we should be actively encouraging people of all walks of life into what is predominantly seen as a straight, male environment. Im sure if the government was actively seeking more females for this campaign people wouldnt be in quite as much uproar.
Old 22-02-2005, 14:51   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
True, but most saying that gay people cant fight and represent their country is discriminatory and can be personal.
Gay people can fight but sadly it's usually amongst themselves as to who is the biggest b*tch and consists of pulling hair and nipping can't see were this will benefit the fleet can you?
Old 22-02-2005, 14:55   #23
g78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Gay people can fight but sadly it's usually amongst themselves as to who is the biggest b*tch and consists of pulling hair and nipping can't see were this will benefit the fleet can you?
Things like this although funny are also what stops people seeing beyond stereotypes and prejudices
Old 22-02-2005, 14:58   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Things like this although funny are also what stops people seeing beyond stereotypes and prejudices
It is also what turns our Forces into a laughing stock!!!

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 22-02-2005 at 15:00.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 15:02   #25
g78

Quote:
It is also what turns our forces into a laughing stock!!!
Only if you are narrowminded enough to think that way. Personally if someone is bearing down on me with a gun about to blow my head off, I dont really care if they are black, white, gay, straight or blue with 2 heads.
Old 22-02-2005, 15:02   #26
I am Banned

gays i hear are excellent shoppers so maybe they can get us good deals on missiles etc

personaly i have no like or dislike for gays i just choose to leave buggery for the dogs as they dont know any better

anyay how can you expect people not to take the mick when channel 4 sticks people like marco on tv acting like a right fool

Last edited by chav1; 22-02-2005 at 15:04.
Old 22-02-2005, 15:04   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Only if you are narrowminded enough to think that way. Personally if someone is bearing down on me with a gun about to blow my head off, I dont really care if they are black, white, gay, straight or blue with 2 heads.
There would be no need for guns, the enemy would only need to mention the British Forces are on there way, it wouldn't be fear it provoked anymore it would be hysterical laughter!
Old 22-02-2005, 15:06   #28
g78

Quote:
There would be no need for guns, the enemy would only need to mention the British Forces are on there way, it wouldn't be fear it provoked anymore it would be hysterical laughter!
Its good to see that people can still have good in-depth debates
Old 22-02-2005, 15:17   #29
Resident Waffler

Have you ever stopped to consider where most of the "gay stereo-typing" comes from? Gay commedians. Don't blame heterosexuals for having a dig at them when there are enough homosexual commedians out there making fun of themselves and other gays.

And what about shows like "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"? They overplay the "puffter" image intentionally.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 15:34   #30
I am Banned

one thing that has always puzzeled me is why do some gays start talking in a high pitched camp voice when they come out of the closet

are they the female role ( taker) in a gay relation ship

sounds stupid but it happens i know of one guy who had a voice deeper than barry white but as soon as he came out he sounded like jimmy sumerville

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..