Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2005, 14:38   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

I have no objections as long as everyone is treated fairly and equally. The gay image I have to agree with Willow. Actors singers and people in the public eye often play the gay role as effeminate which isn't necessarily the case. I know plenty of gay men who are as masculine looking as you can get. The gay image is not helped by the 'camp as a row of tents' personas that some of these actors (bloke off corrie, John Inman etc) singers (Jimmy Somerville) portray.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2005, 15:14   #32
g78

Think we kinda got off topic here
Old 22-02-2005, 15:18   #33
g78

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Have you ever stopped to consider where most of the "gay stereo-typing" comes from? Gay commedians. Don't blame heterosexuals for having a dig at them when there are enough homosexual commedians out there making fun of themselves and other gays.

And what about shows like "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"? They overplay the "puffter" image intentionally.
I wasn't blaming anyone, straight or gay. I was just stating that to actively recruit any sort of group of people is always a good thing and should not be shot down due to prejudice and ridicule.
Old 22-02-2005, 15:23   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
I wasn't blaming anyone, straight or gay. I was just stating that to actively recruit any sort of group of people is always a good thing and should not be shot down due to prejudice and ridicule.
So we'll tell the other countries Forces that they aren't allowed to laugh at us and they must take us seriously even if we do have a minceing front line!!
Old 22-02-2005, 15:25   #35
g78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
So we'll tell the other countries Forces that they aren't allowed to laugh at us and they must take us seriously even if we do have a minceing front line!!
Whats the point in trying to respond to someone who obviously hasn't got anything constructive to say.
Old 22-02-2005, 15:26   #36
God Member

If we are lucky we might be able to get the UN to sanction no mickey taking of the British 'gay' Forces!!!
Old 22-02-2005, 15:27   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Whats the point in trying to respond to someone who obviously hasn't got anything constructive to say.
Well i'll shut up shall i before you take your handbag to me!!
Old 22-02-2005, 15:30   #38
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
I was just stating that to actively recruit any sort of group of people is always a good thing and should not be shot down due to prejudice and ridicule.
I totally disagree. To actively recruit any group of people is blatant prejudice and as wrong as actively discouraging them. People are people are people and individuals should be taken individually on their own individual merit, no more, no less.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 15:37   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
one thing that has always puzzeled me is why do some gays start talking in a high pitched camp voice when they come out of the closet

are they the female role ( taker) in a gay relation ship

sounds stupid but it happens i know of one guy who had a voice deeper than barry white but as soon as he came out he sounded like jimmy sumerville
That may be caused by the PAIN

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 15:42   #40
g78

Quote:
I totally disagree. To actively recruit any group of people is blatant prejudice and as wrong as actively discouraging them. People are people are people and individuals should be taken individually on their own individual merit, no more, no less.
So lets say the police announce there is a severe lack of women in the british police force and they want to recruit a greater number. Would you say that is wrong?
Old 22-02-2005, 15:43   #41
Member.

Quote:
Well said.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 15:51   #42
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
So lets say the police announce there is a severe lack of women in the british police force and they want to recruit a greater number. Would you say that is wrong?
They did that one two years ago with the Black and Asian Communities. They classed it as Positive Discrimination and actually rejected White Europeancandidates in favor of ethnic targets by set H. M. Government. Don’t get me wrong and I respect all opinions on this thread. This is a Political Objective prior to an election and has ****** all (forgive the pun) to do with equal opportunities or anti discrimination policy.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 16:04   #43
g78

Actually Doug you are probably right there, damn government. But what riles me up is when people blatantly abuse and make fun of things at the expense of other people and their lifestyles as some people have done in this thread.
Old 22-02-2005, 16:23   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Actually Doug you are probably right there, damn government. But what riles me up is when people blatantly abuse and make fun of things at the expense of other people and their lifestyles as some people have done in this thread.
OK, G78...who's done that? Name Name's, please.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 16:28   #45
God Member

>> Have you ever stopped to consider where most of the "gay stereo-typing" comes from? Gay commedians.<<

Hmmm, Maybe. But most of the opinions voiced thus far are identical to what was doing the rounds when I was at primary school. Plus ca change ,Plus la meme chose.
Has it ever ocurred to anyone that in portraying themselves as stereotypes, gay comedians might actually be taking the p*ss out of their audience's predjudices.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..