Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2005, 16:34   #46
g78

Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

Tealeaf just look back over the past few pages. To you they may not be offensive but to a gay person they can be. What most people think is funny and light hearted can hurt the people they aim it at, and can sometimes just be a disguise for plain old prejudice.
Old 22-02-2005, 16:43   #47
God Member

Quite right, A-B. Me and you are the same age, and as I recall the only puffter we would see on telly when we were kids was Liberace, and even he denied it. A queer was a queer and the law duefully recognised that by making the act of bum-bashing a criminal act, and even when that was recinded in 1967 you'd be fully grown-up and composmentis before indulging in these obnoxious capers. These days, of course, thanks to "Gay-Friendly" New Labour, we have a paedophiles charter, and dirty old men diving in the sack with young lads at 16 years of age (2 years before they can legally have a pint)

Neverthelss,we knew a bandit when we saw one and we did'nt need any "Gay Awareness" school lesson to tell us such. The only motto was "keep the buggars at bay" and if they came to close , then sort 'em out. I can tell you, the world was a far happier place then.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 16:45   #48
God Member

And on this note can I just say that WE ARE WHAT WE ARE!! let it be BLACK,WHITE CHINESE,INDIAN ,GAY, STRAIGHT, A BIT OF BOTH or anything for that matter.
Dare to be different i say, gay people can't help what they feel or they would be straight and live a ''normal life'' whatever that might be.
Don't get me wrong 'some' of them can annoy the chuffing life out of me (specially like what was mentioned the over camp one's' but some of them are genuin nice people , but hey that is same with everything, some white people I can't stand, and some white people I can, some asian people I can't stand, some I can!!! you get the picture.
What really annoys me is people that say they can't stand people (lets say for instance asians), then talk to them. TWO FACED I think they call it.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 16:48   #49
g78

I think you just outed yourself there Tealeaf. Well done.
Old 22-02-2005, 16:50   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Tealeaf just look back over the past few pages. To you they may not be offensive but to a gay person they can be. What most people think is funny and light hearted can hurt the people they aim it at, and can sometimes just be a disguise for plain old prejudice.
I thought this post was for peoples opinion on gay people in The Navy not a 'gay appreciation' post. If you want to start a 'pro gay' thread g78 i will gladly contribute with nice things to say, i have gay friends and they are absolute stars, but in The Navy, no!!!
Old 22-02-2005, 16:50   #51
God Member

Quote"I think you just outed yourself there Tealeaf. Well done." Unquote

Bollocks. !00% Lean, Mean, English Heterosexual Machine.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 22-02-2005 at 16:52.
Old 22-02-2005, 16:51   #52
God Member

Gay men and women are as capable of fighting for their country as any other section of society. Indeed, a great many gave their lives for their country through two world wars. To suggest that the simple fact of recognition will bring the Navy into disrepute is not only fatuous but is an insult to the memory of the many who served faithfully and died for their country.
Old 22-02-2005, 16:52   #53
g78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Bollocks. !00% Lean, Mean, English Heterosexual Machine.
I was thinking more of sad, old hateful man. But delusions can be fun too.
Old 22-02-2005, 17:04   #54
God Member

[QUOTE=g78]I was thinking more of sad, old hateful man. But delusions can be fun too.[/QUOTE

Unlike you, G78, I don't have delusions...you may wish a better world built by homo's, ethnics, vegans, vegies, animal lovers, cross-dressers, marxist's, anarchists and all the other assorted riff-raff on this planet, but I can assure you that the rest of the world does'nt.
Old 22-02-2005, 17:05   #55
Resting in peace

What bothers me is why being gay is such a bigger part of who you are than being heterosexual. Surely a person's sexuality is only one part of their psychological make-up - unfortunately too many gay people make it into an issue where it was never one before. The old joke about the Navy used to be that "On land, it's wine, women and song, aboard ship it's rum, bum and concertina" - a joke made by sailors themselves. I do resent the attitude "I am gay, that is the most important thing about me, and you must respect me for it, even to an exaggerated extent".

Do what you want, make your own choices, and shut up about it.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 17:08   #56
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
I think you just outed yourself there Tealeaf. Well done.
Whoops..............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 17:16   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
What bothers me is why being gay is such a bigger part of who you are than being heterosexual. Surely a person's sexuality is only one part of their psychological make-up - unfortunately too many gay people make it into an issue where it was never one before. The old joke about the Navy used to be that "On land, it's wine, women and song, aboard ship it's rum, bum and concertina" - a joke made by sailors themselves. I do resent the attitude "I am gay, that is the most important thing about me, and you must respect me for it, even to an exaggerated extent".

Do what you want, make your own choices, and shut up about it.
well said pendy, I mean I am straight, but what me thinks is REALLY funny is when heterosexual sexual people say things like '' ow no look a gay has just come in the pub!! if they come near me!!) I mean come on guys EVEN GAYS ARE CHOOSY!! now think about that one you lot.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 22-02-2005, 17:24   #58
I am Banned

is this what is meant when someone comes out of the closet...?

chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2005, 17:30   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
is this what is meant when someone comes out of the closet...?

Don't know ask tealeaf he knows sooooooooooooo much about the subject that he wants to inflict it on others

Miracles do happen!!

Old 22-02-2005, 17:34   #60
I am Banned

hang on that cant be a fags closet theres hardly any clothes in it and theres a coat hanger left lying on the floor

he must just be hiding from one then
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..