Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2005, 21:41   #61
Resident Waffler

Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
So lets say the police announce there is a severe lack of women in the british police force and they want to recruit a greater number. Would you say that is wrong?
yes

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2005, 21:49   #62
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
What bothers me is why being gay is such a bigger part of who you are than being heterosexual. Surely a person's sexuality is only one part of their psychological make-up - unfortunately too many gay people make it into an issue where it was never one before. ...............
....................Do what you want, make your own choices, and shut up about it.
Absolutely agree. A person should be judged as a person not as a GAY person. Heterosexual people don't go around making an issue of their sexuality so why do we have to have all this "Gay Pride" stuff shoved down our throats? If we had "Heterosexual Pride Day" would we be accused of being homophobic?

Old 22-02-2005, 21:59   #63
g78

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Absolutely agree. A person should be judged as a person not as a GAY person. Heterosexual people don't go around making an issue of their sexuality so why do we have to have all this "Gay Pride" stuff shoved down our throats? If we had "Heterosexual Pride Day" would we be accused of being homophobic?
I absolutely agree willow, people should not be judged as a gay person, but sadly a lot are. From school through to the work place and in society many are ridiculed and made to feel less of a person, so as a way of standing up to the bullies they feel they have to make an issue of their sexuality and celebrate it. I'm not saying its necessarily a good or bad thing but if you think it through it is understandable. When people in general are repressed and bullied they will eventually shout back.
Old 22-02-2005, 23:59   #64
God Member

Did you hear about the homosexual wizard ?

He vanished with a pooooooof.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 23-02-2005 at 08:11.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 00:10   #65
Give, give, give member

the army as always been full of gays- all male [until recently,] dressing up, short hair, boots, mucky games with crackers etc, lol
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 01:49   #66
I am Banned

just rang a gay plasterer he says he will pop round wedesday to take a look at my crack in the bedroom

hope he can fill it as its in a place i cant reach myself

edit:

i know us normal people take the mick but look at it this way

for tollerating a few jokes about sexual orientation you get...

special clinics and councilors just for you

near enough unsackable from any job you are in

better chances of adopting a baby than a straight couple

more hand outs from the national lottery than disabled children

many more things all setup just for gay people the system wont be happy unless your asian , gay and out of work its just too much hassle been english, straight and in a job you get nothing in return

the truth is a lot of gays do keep quiet and dont expect special treatment but just like the old storys of the few asians who cried " its because ime black" a minority of the gay population will say "its because ime gay " and it will get into the media and then before you know it theres a group of gays with billboards screaming we want this gays want that and totaly give gays a bad image

take the last big brother for instance there were 2 gays in there daniel and marco were there names i think

daniel was laid back and only spoke about his sexuality when ASKED about it where as marco couldnt wait to prove to everyone how gay he was and how horrible the straight guys were yet they had done nothing or said nothing to him

dont you think its understandable that you get a few jokes made about gays when the majority of people dont meet gays and form opinions by what they see and read in the papers or on tv which are usualy demanding somekind of extra right that no one else is entitled to but they think they should be just because they are gay

ps:

when i said most people dont meet gays i am aware that a lot of people do but dont realise it and to me that is how it shuold be , a persons sexuality is their own buisness so no one needs to know about it from a meggaphone or by waving banners announcing it

extra ps:

yes i have cracked a few jokes regarding gays but thats because it was a thread about gays , if it had been about asians, chineese,polish,mentaly ill i would have cracked a few jokes there as well , its nothing personal its fun and if you cant laugh at your self then boohoo for you ive seen people with real problems like disfiguring illnesses and make jokes about themselves and people like themselves

i have a friend who has 4 tumours in his brain and 5 tumours in his spine and in a few weeks will loose the use of his lower body after surgery on his spine all at the age of 29 and he can still smile and crack a wheelchair joke allthough he is going to spend the rest of his life in one. there not cancer tumours its a rare disease but non the less hes in worse shape than a gay with hurt feelings

Last edited by chav1; 23-02-2005 at 02:21.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 01:59   #67
Give, give, give member

Smile Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

make sure he doesn 't take a deposit before he fills your crack.

Last edited by garinda; 23-02-2005 at 02:01.
Old 23-02-2005, 02:24   #68
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
make sure he doesn 't take a deposit before he fills your crack.
standard buisness practice..

the customer always comes first
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 02:57   #69
Give, give, give member

Quite agree, humour depends on how its meant not the content. Despite whats written in the right wing press ,there is still discrimination legally towards gays. Gay couples don 't have the same rights re: inherintance tax, and income tax in general, even if they' ve been together years. The gay rights lobbies did help change the law re: equal age of consent, & help to decriminalize homosexuality [for men only, over 21,] in 1967- It was never illegal for a woman to want to drive a bus! [joke!] Also gay visibility is good because every one presumes every one is straight unless they are screamingly camp, so most people don' t know they know a gay person, when in fact their hairdresser may in fact be gay!

Last edited by garinda; 23-02-2005 at 03:21.
Old 23-02-2005, 05:19   #70
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

In an attempt to get back on thread, how about a bit of positive discrimination in favour of disabled sailors? The warships can hardly be called wheel-chair friendly & those 4.5 inch guns they have should be designed to give some-one in a seated position easier access for loading the shells into the breech block. What about these hatches we hear the Navy having to batten down? Get them fitted with easy action clips so that an amputee can operate them without too much effort. Lets stop discriminating against the physically handicapped before we get all hot & bothered about a few puffs!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg gay vamp1c.jpg (6.2 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Less; 23-02-2005 at 05:36.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 07:05   #71
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Also gay visibility is good because every one presumes every one is straight unless they are screamingly camp, so most people don' t know they know a gay person, when in fact their hairdresser may in fact be gay!
But why on earth should it matter to me whether my hairdresser is gay or not? It doesn't affect their ability as a hairdresser so it should be kept to themselves. I have an aquaintance who may or may not be gay and I have actually been asked by other people if he is or isn't. I just reply that I don't know and I don't care because it's none of my business. If he ever got married then I suppose I'd presume he was heterosexual. As he is single he could be gay or he could just prefer his own company. Why should it matter to anyone else?

Old 23-02-2005, 07:11   #72
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
But why on earth should it matter to me whether my hairdresser is gay or not? It doesn't affect their ability as a hairdresser so it should be kept to themselves. I have an aquaintance who may or may not be gay and I have actually been asked by other people if he is or isn't. I just reply that I don't know and I don't care because it's none of my business. If he ever got married then I suppose I'd presume he was heterosexual. As he is single he could be gay or he could just prefer his own company. Why should it matter to anyone else?
because under health and safety law, picking up something from the floor would have added dangers and a proper risk evaluation would have to be carried out. also the first aid box would need to carry a cream suitable for treating friction burns and a pair of rubber gloves for applying it. so its not as simple as it seems.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 07:18   #73
God Member

Quite right Willow. I should have thought that we could at least be grateful that anyone should wish to serve in the armed forces and put their lives on the line for all our sakes. I know I am. What they do in their private lives is a matter between them and their conscience and should be nothing to do with anyone else.

God knows, there is enough hate in the world as it is, without wishing to create more by getting sniffy about what people do in bed. Come on people, it's part of life, deal with it and lets move on!
Old 23-02-2005, 07:38   #74
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
Quite right Willow. I should have thought that we could at least be grateful that anyone should wish to serve in the armed forces and put their lives on the line for all our sakes. I know I am. What they do in their private lives is a matter between them and their conscience and should be nothing to do with anyone else.

God knows, there is enough hate in the world as it is, without wishing to create more by getting sniffy about what people do in bed. Come on people, it's part of life, deal with it and lets move on!
no lets take the p*ss its more fun.
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2005, 08:41   #75
Give, give, give member

lol, the hairdresser quip was a joke [stereo-types & all that.] lts just as likely ur dustman is gay/ bi/ trisexual...... does it really matter? There are so few horses to be frightened nowadays anway does it really matter?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..