Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2005, 17:06   #1
God Member

Sodomy, All at Sea

I nearly died choking on my Weetabix this morning. The cause of this event? An article on the radio stating that HM Government, not satisfied with reducing the Royal Navy to a size somewhat smaller than the Swiss Fleet, have now decided that in order to bolster it's recruitment numbers, it is to enlist the assistance of an organisation by the name of "Stonewall".

I'd never heard of this particular outfit before, and thinking it was just another Google Page Ranking/Advertising agency, I was gobsmacked to find that it is a lobby group for the dykes and puffters. Amongst their term of reference is that of ensuring that warships (if indeed we do have any left) have quarters which are "Gay and Lesbian" friendly.

Well, personally I prefer a warship to be a warship, and well there may truth in the old adage of the Royal Navy being about "Rum, Sodomy and the Lash" I do not think that putting the emphasis on the sodomy is going to do us very much good to the perception of our fighting capabilities by our potential enemies. Quite honestly, they must be p***ing their pants with laughter by now. I can just see Brunos Aires dusting off their Malvinas maps and the Iranians ready to lift some more "Jolly Tars" in the Gulf.

What a madhouse our navy is becoming.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2005, 17:36   #2
g78

Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

Good to see how far man has advanced when it comes to be open minded and all......
Old 21-02-2005, 17:58   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I nearly died choking on my Weetabix this morning. The cause of this event? An article on the radio stating that HM Government, not satisfied with reducing the Royal Navy to a size somewhat smaller than the Swiss Fleet, have now decided that in order to bolster it's recruitment numbers, it is to enlist the assistance of an organisation by the name of "Stonewall".

I'd never heard of this particular outfit before, and thinking it was just another Google Page Ranking/Advertising agency, I was gobsmacked to find that it is a lobby group for the dykes and puffters. Amongst their term of reference is that of ensuring that warships (if indeed we do have any left) have quarters which are "Gay and Lesbian" friendly.

Well, personally I prefer a warship to be a warship, and well there may truth in the old adage of the Royal Navy being about "Rum, Sodomy and the Lash" I do not think that putting the emphasis on the sodomy is going to do us very much good to the perception of our fighting capabilities by our potential enemies. Quite honestly, they must be p***ing their pants with laughter by now. I can just see Brunos Aires dusting off their Malvinas maps and the Iranians ready to lift some more "Jolly Tars" in the Gulf.

What a madhouse our navy is becoming.
it could be worse the could be relying on accy and ozzy !
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 18:25   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Good to see how far man has advanced when it comes to be open minded and all......
Always thought, that section of our armed forces was renown for the pink gin set

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 18:27   #5
I am Banned

lol we can send ships of homos to iraq and bum the buggers into submission
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 19:12   #6
Senior Member+

We'd probably get a message, asking for more to be sent over!!!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 19:41   #7
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by park381
Always thought, that section of our armed forces was renown for the pink gin set
Well, it's more your Pick Grin set now............... Bottoms up boys.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 19:43   #8
g78

Hmmm was my irony lost there ?
Old 21-02-2005, 19:58   #9
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Hmmm was my irony lost there ?
I shouldn't think so g78. It's not personal and it's not discriminatory. It’s a matter of it makes no difference what you are black, white, gay or female. It’s only becomes discrimination when you treat one better than another. A couple of boy’s on a ship mucking in is one thing making allowance because they are gay is another.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-02-2005, 20:42   #10
g78

True, but most saying that gay people cant fight and represent their country is discriminatory and can be personal.
Old 21-02-2005, 21:01   #11
Member.

I understand what your saying and I agree that there is open discrimination, my feelings on the matter is that people should just be what they are and get on with their lives. There is acceptance of lesbian and gay communities and has been for years, unfortunately some go too far and want to be recognised for the fact that they are different and openly seek confrontation. Live and let live should be the bench mark here, people, gay or otherwise should just get on with it and enjoy their lives.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 21-02-2005, 21:06   #12
I am Banned

Talking Re: Sodomy, All at Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
I understand what your saying and I agree that there is open discrimination, my feelings on the matter is that people should just be what they are and get on with their lives. There is acceptance of lesbian and gay communities and has been for years, unfortunately some go too far and want to be recognised for the fact that they are different and openly seek confrontation. Live and let live should be the bench mark here, people, gay or otherwise should just get on with it and enjoy their lives.
the navy could fire the bum boys at the enemy, one or two DIRECT HITS could mean surrender
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 21:07   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
True, but most saying that gay people cant fight and represent their country is discriminatory and can be personal.
hey i agree they have just as much right to die for their country as much as the next man

i just wish they wouldnt take so long doing their hair before going out to fight

anyway i think the iraqis will enjoy somthing different than cammel

edit:

i was refering to cammel cigrettes

honest

Last edited by chav1; 21-02-2005 at 21:14.
Old 21-02-2005, 21:08   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
EXCELLENT POST, THINK THAT SUMS IT UP

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2005, 21:13   #15
I am Banned

jimmy sumerville ( lead singer of the comunards for those too young to know) goes so far with the gay pride crap he actual has been quoted as saying if your not gay then your the abnormal one

oh by the way i will riddicule any race , gender or unfortunate i see fit to make a joke about as its the british thing to do but it dosnt mean i hate these people infact the people who bleet on about gay rights arnt usualy gay, the gay people couldnt care less they just want to live their lives

ime not gay but ime begining to suspect my boyfriend maybe

Last edited by chav1; 21-02-2005 at 21:23.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..