Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2013, 16:23   #1
God Member

someone best mention it

dont get over excited but cameron says we are going to get a referendum on the EU

i reakon this prommise is about as meaningless as graham jones's prommise to vote in favour of a referendum on the EU and simply a desperate effort to win some voters because he knows him and clegg are up the creek without a paddle and loosing votes to the likes of UKIP

mind you lying through his teeth got graham jones some extra votes so it may work for cameron

time will tell but expect many delays and many excuses along the way

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-01-2013, 16:45   #2
Beacon of light

Re: someone best mention it

It is conditional on them getting another term of office....a promise that is a long time coming........weasel words...not to be trusted, because the other week DC was telling people in his party that he didn't think we should come out of the EU.

Give us the referendum first...then we might vote for you....but no referendum...NO VOTE!
Less and jelly baby like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:02   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Utter crap,Cameron says "Its time for the British People to have there say".....................But NOT fer another 5 yrs.
Old 23-01-2013, 17:11   #4
Beacon of light

By which time there will be a whole heap of Romanians and bulgarians here....straining still further the infrastructure of our towns and cities...claiming benefits from day one....GRRRRRR! don't put my blood pressure up further...please!!
Old 23-01-2013, 17:12   #5

If you don't want a referendum on Europe then vote Labour (or Conservative).
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 17:17   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
If you don't want a referendum on Europe then vote Labour (or Conservative).
Spot on, yeh forgot to add Libs as well Dave.
Old 23-01-2013, 17:24   #7
Resting in Peace

You can tell when Cameron is telling porkies

His lips are moving
cashman and Alan Varrechia like this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 18:07   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

More empty promises to save his lying hide, placate the rebels in his party & take in the gullible. He said it before & look what happened, if he was serious & truly meant it why not now ? Sooner rather than at some undefined future date.
Boeing Guy and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 23-01-2013, 18:41   #9
God Member

the biggest set of crooks going all took a vote on this not so long ago and both cameron and labour got what they wanted

mind you maybe camerons playing a curveball and needs the pesky EU rules out of teh way so he can finally oblitorate the poor....

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 23-01-2013, 18:44   #10
Beacon of light

A YouGov survey reckons that more people want to stay in the EU.
What I want to know is....who did they ask?
Old 23-01-2013, 18:48   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
A YouGov survey reckons that more people want to stay in the EU.
What I want to know is....who did they ask?

every other european country but us ?

Old 23-01-2013, 21:15   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
By which time there will be a whole heap of Romanians and bulgarians here....straining still further the infrastructure of our towns and cities...claiming benefits from day one....GRRRRRR! don't put my blood pressure up further...please!!
If other countries in the EU can turn them away why can't we.
If there are more than 100 people unemployed, then their should be an automatric ban on any scroungers from other countries in the EU, or any where else for that matter.
The frogs and jerries have never forgiven us for the past 100 years and are determined to pay us back, by what ever means possible. Whilst the likes of Cameron & the Blairites still exist they will succeed.

Last edited by Retlaw; 23-01-2013 at 21:18.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2013, 21:16   #13
Beacon of light

i think you just might have hit on the answer.
Personally I don't believe the results of the referendum in 1975.
Those who counted the votes were made to sign the official secrets Act....now why would they be made to do that if it was open and above board.
I also believe that if and when a referendum happens those results will be manipulated too........and we will be shackled to the corrupt, money hungry, bureaucracy bloated organisation that is the EU.
Successive governents have sold us down the river.
The cuts in the number of men in the Army should tell us something.....we aren't going to need an army, because the army will be made up of men from all over the EU....it will be a United States of Europe Army.
Old 23-01-2013, 21:22   #14
God Member

the only answer is to burn paliament down and start fresh

with the MP's in it preferably

Old 23-01-2013, 21:23   #15
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
If other countries in the EU can turn them away why can't we.
If there are more than 100 people unemployed, then their should be an automatric ban on any scroungers from other countries in the EU, or any where else for that matter.
The frogs and jerries have never forgiven us for the past 100 years and are determined to pay us back, by what ever means possible.
Retlaw, the French and the Germans interpret the Eu rules to their benefit...and they ignore the ones they don't like...with no redress at all.....but the Brits follow the rules slavishly.
I don't know why we don't turn them away...Maybe Graham Jones will come on here and tell us sometime.
Yes, I get the impresion that the French and the germans have been waiting to rub our noses in it.

The French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius has said that if Britain wants to leave the EU, they will get out the red carpet for us.
Chance would be a fine thing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..