Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 4 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By cashman
  • 3 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By Exile on Spencer St
  • 2 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 3 Post By Jimmy Clitheroe
  • 1 Post By skuta

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2020, 13:20   #1
Beacon of light

Sour Grapes...get over it Graham

I see that in the Observer, Graham Jones is bleating again.

He is saying that our new young Conservative MP is 'not at the races'....meaning I guess that she is doing badly.
Graham goes on to say that even before he was an MP he had 16 years of working for the Labour Party.

I think he is feeling somewhat slighted by the fact that he offered to show our new MP the ropes....she declined that offer and it really has put GJ's nose out of joint.

He is also still papping on about the T Shirt episode....something that LABOUR Party supporters dared her to do....and it was at a PRIVATE gathering.

Graham you are sounding like a sour, bitter man...who despite saying you have other plans and irons in the fire...you have not moved on....and it makes you look like a humourless bad loser.

You LOST your seat because you disregarded the people who elected you.
You denigrated your electorate (though I can no longer find the stuff which would evidence this...there were enough of us saw it)

Build a bridge and get over it....I think your ambitions to perhaps represent the town in Parliament again are in vain.
I will certainly never vote for you again. Fool me once shame on you...fool me twice...it isn't happening EVER.
Less, KiTChener, nicola68 and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 05-03-2020 at 13:25.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-03-2020, 13:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sour Grapes...get over it Graham

i read it this morning and am sorry to say it just sounds like a BAD LOSER.which i think will not help his party at all in the long run,
Old 05-03-2020, 13:55   #3
Beacon of light

Thank goodness it is not just me who is thinking along these lines.
Does this man not realise that each time he reactivates this issue, it makes him look like a petulant teenager.
It is time he grew up!
KiTChener, nicola68 and cashman like this.
Old 05-03-2020, 16:15   #4
Beacon of light

In the article GJ says that Hyndburn has lost out because it no longer has a 'strong voice' in Parliament....that our current MP considers that she has spoken out relatively rarely and has said 'nothing meaningful'.
Well, excuse me but what exactly did our erstwhile MP speak out on that benefitted Hyndburn?
I cannot really recall many barnstorming speeches by GJ.....and cannot think of any way he has done any favours for the local area.
His comments and continued sniping are just sour grapes.
No way was a newly elected Conservative MP going to take advice from an MP who lost their seat....and if the positions were reversed Graham Jones would not be taking any advice from a rival party...how would it make him look?
nicola68 likes this.
Old 05-03-2020, 16:57   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
....and if the positions were reversed Graham Jones would not be taking any advice from a rival party...how would it make him look?
An even bigger berk than he obviously is?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 17:45   #6
Beacon of light

He has done his reputation no favours at all...he is frankly embarrassing and certainly not the kind of person you would want to represent you on anything remotely serious.
He is doing a pretty fine hatchet job on himself...and all because he LOST
nicola68 and cashman like this.
Old 07-03-2020, 00:13   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He has done his reputation no favours at all...he is frankly embarrassing and certainly not the kind of person you would want to represent you on anything remotely serious.
He is doing a pretty fine hatchet job on himself...and all because he LOST
far be it for me to belittle the man...but

Wasn't his only contribution to the house that barnstorming question...

SPEAKER : "The honourable member for Hyndburn...yes..."

THMFH (For it is he) : "It's a bit stuffy in here can we have a window opened ?"
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 23:00   #8

I don't even know this man or the issues as I'm new to the area.

This man fails to mention during his long tenure an important provision in the Local Government Act 1972. This important public information enacted by Law also does not appear anywhere as it should on the Hyndburn Council Website to serve as Public Notice of the current Section 151 Officer Local Government Act 1972 that looks after Council financial affairs including how YOUR Council Tax is spent.

In this legislation there's also a section that gives the Public the right to examine Council records (Section 100D Local Government Act 1972)

Like many Local Councils in the UK, the Council and Parliamentary Representative keep's very quiet about these Rights you have and doesn't let anyone know anything about them. Don't feel like a fool for not knowing, it's not your fault. You were never meant to know.

After 3 or so enquiries that went completely ignored by the Council who claims to respond within 24 hrs (business days). I filed a Freedom Of Information request order per F.O.I.A. 2000 https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/36/contents

By Law, they have a statutory period of 20 days to respond. They milked the COVID-19 excuse to death by claiming they were unable to respond in a Legal timely manner because....?

Anyway, after starting my enquiries on 23/3/2020 and my last 5/5/2020 I filed a request on 11/5/2020 to which they acknowledged with excuses on 13/5/2020. They finally responded on 16/6/2020 with the Public Information I requested after being "considered".

After a drawn out fight, here's the information you all should know/have:

The Councils Section 151 Officer is:

Joe McIntyre
Deputy Chief Executive
Council Offices
Scaitcliffe House
Ormerod Street
Accrington

Tel. 01254 388111

No Post Code given, should be an easy find, and I'll bet the phone number given isn't their direct line. They keep fighting and resisting.

Before they responded I endured a Council Tax investigation and 2 "fire brigade" ladies who showed me no I.D. claiming to be sent by the Council to "see if I'm alright" and then attempted to gather my personal information. I refused of course. Coincidence?

Interestingly the Section 151 is customarily a Chartered Institute Of Public Finance Accountants member. Perhaps the Council doesn't have such a person or the job is covered in the Duties of Deputy Chief Executive? Maybe they're trying to hide something? Who knows?
Stevie R likes this.
skuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 10:41   #9
Beacon of light

You don't know of the man...aren't you lucky?
We were unfortunate to have him as our representative for two terms.
He was as useful as nipples on a bull.

This article might give you a flavour of him.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ture-bullying/

Odious man.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..