Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2003, 10:32   #1
God Member

Post SPEED CAMERA WHINGERS

Am I the only one on here who is heartily sick of these speed canera whingers.....if you don't want your piccy taken, then don't exceed the limit...you never know, you might avoid a serious accident at the same time...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2003, 13:16   #2
Senior Member+

Post Re: SPEED CAMERA WHINGERS

Basically never a trueer word spoken.Only comment is i  do not know of a driver that has never been done at least once though.Just gets on your nerves when you do
Old 15-10-2003, 16:05   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

You do now Mik, cos I have never been done, it's more than my jobs worth. Do a lot of town driving, so there's not much opportunity for speeding, although the Great Harwood camera nearly caught me out when it was first put there, but I noticed it. Have to admit to slightly exceeding the limit on the motorway, but never above 80mph, and there is some leeway with the cameras, most people caught in Lancs are doing 35 or above (knew someone that worked in Lancs with the cameras) They told me that they are set to the speed limit + 10% + 2, so if you are in a 30 zone they will be set at 35 etc. Each county has their own rules, so it differs nationally. Not seen him for 12 months, so don't know if the camera limits have been altered. The only places were the cameras were spot on the limit in Lancs were as you were going through motorway roadworks :-*

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 16:13   #4
God Member

Lettie =  [smiley=angel.gif]
Old 15-10-2003, 16:18   #5
Roy
Administrator

as i've said before tealeaf - I like the speed cameras!  When you know where they are you can speed till you get there then speed when you get past! Great stuff! And it gives you a chance to see how fast you can accelerate back to 70  ;D
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 16:21   #6
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

[smiley=foryou.gif]  Thanks tealeaf, but I'm really a [smiley=evil.gif] in disguise.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2003, 16:25   #7
God Member

Hey Roy
Have you actually passed your driving test? Are you insured, by any chance?
Old 15-10-2003, 16:50   #8
Roy
Administrator

[quote author=Tealeaf link=board=general;num=1066135184;start=0#6 date=10/15/03 at 17:25:29]Hey Roy
Have you actually passed your driving test? Are you insured, by any chance?[/quote]

Nope, got my brothers licence and whats the point in being insured??    False plates, souped up 3.8L V8 in a 1.1 fiesta as well, 3 bald tyres, a flat spare and a whale tail spoiler. I also own the road.   ;D
Old 15-10-2003, 16:57   #9
God Member

So have you got 8 X 5000 watt speakers paced in there and a multitrack cd player stacked full of garbage/garage music so that we can hear you in Church when you're driveing illegally past the town hall?

I thought that was you!
Old 15-10-2003, 17:07   #10
Roy
Administrator

That was me, give me a wave next time, then i can honk my super load musical horn at you!  And happyone, next time you sit down in front of me as i'm going past the town hall I WILL run you over..hehe
Old 15-10-2003, 17:26   #11
God Member

I'll stick some sugar in your petrol tank next time I see you...that always helps things along...
Old 11-11-2003, 16:06   #12
Junior Member+

Speed cameras are only there so that cops dont have to get off  there bums and do some work.

« pets | Sponsorship »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..