Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By accyman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-01-2015, 14:29   #1
Junior Member+

Sports Direct

Slightly better news for the town..
I've heard on the grapevine that Sports Direct are moving into the old JJB building. I think it will do really well there.
A quick search on google shows them advertising job vacancies in Accrington.
stjosephsfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-01-2015, 14:39   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sports Direct

Nice change to hear of summat new opening.
Old 19-01-2015, 15:08   #3
Senior Member+

Great news
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2015, 15:53   #4
Full Member+

That is good news. Lets hope other firms follow.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2015, 22:24   #5
Junior Member+

One job ad went up in November. Maybe they have got cold feet now.
1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 08:25   #6
Senior Member+

I came across a couple of job vacancy adverts two weeks ago advertising jobs for shop fitters for a new sports store in Accrington. The old JJB site is a little small for a Sports Direct store.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.

Last edited by AccyJay; 21-01-2015 at 08:28.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 12:37   #7

Sports Direct is a good store. I buy lot of stuff from them.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 15:26   #8
God Member

sports direct is great for kids clothes and trainers for playing out in and the fact they dont just do sports gear dosnt hurt either as some of their casual gear for adults is pretty decent too

i hope they dont fill the ground level enterance with suitcases and footballs like they do at blackburn because some poor sod has to stand guarding them in the cold and rain etc

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2015, 20:45   #9
Senior Member+

Great news as there is a lack of clothing stores in accrington. Not far to travel when i want some new trackies and nike air
Old 22-01-2015, 08:54   #10
Junior Member+

I love Sports Direct, can pick up some decent sportswear for next to nothing, I think it will be a big hit in Accrington, just need some other businesses to follow suit, starting with M&S sticking around.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:53   #11
Junior Member+

Opens tomorrow!
Old 10-02-2015, 13:49   #12
God Member

be carefull if your thinking about applying for a job there they are only doing zero hour contracts

some work is better than no work but i wouldnt blame anyone for not taking a zero hour contract

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..