Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2008, 19:20   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Stand in Oakhill Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
oh dear did i upset a supporter of the cons who incidently are incharge of this mess

anyone with half a brain knows the basics of insurance

if you buy a house with a mortgage you have to insure it well over the value of the actual house to cover a rebuild and the expense of getting it rebuilt and if new legislation has come in since the house was built then the rebuild would have the costs of this in the quote which the insurance company should pay as part of the rebuild

if you take home insurance you get a new for old policy so that if your computer for example gets stolen or busted you get a brand new one or teh if its no longer made you get one with the latest gizmos with only the exess to pay for

i will stay in my dreramer world where all my possesions are insured correctly thankyou

like i said im no insurance expert but even in my dreaming world i seem to have a better grasp on it than you

if the council got paid out ages ago and prices have risen then its their fault for not doing the work as soon as the money was recieved when rebuild prices matched what they were paid
Home insurance and buildings insurance are totally different, as is car insurance, if you buy a care brand new today and smash it up on te way home you insurance want cover the cost accyman, oh and by the way I'm sorry I insulted you in my earlier post accyman, its not really my style, but I do get a bit fed up with people keep harping on about HBC, I do try very hard not to get involved in political arguments on here, life to short, I did have a sharp reminder last week.
Old 18-07-2008, 19:24   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Home insurance and buildings insurance are totally different, as is car insurance, if you buy a care brand new today and smash it up on te way home you insurance want cover the cost accyman, oh and by the way I'm sorry I insulted you in my earlier post accyman, its not really my style, but I do get a bit fed up with people keep harping on about HBC, I do try very hard not to get involved in political arguments on here, life to short, I did have a sharp reminder last week.
appology acepted and i assure you if any other organisation was in charge of it i would have the same questions, it just seemed very odd to me that the insurance didnt cover a rebuild when that is the reason why insurance is taken out - to protect against damage or destruction of an item

dont get me started on car insurance lol , what a set of thieves they are when it comes to paying out on a written off car

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 19:33   #18
God Member

Also you will find most councils insurance does not fully cover costs. They simply can't afford to take out full insurance.
Old 18-07-2008, 19:53   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Also you will find most councils insurance does not fully cover costs. They simply can't afford to take out full insurance.
Andrew my young friend I think you may be spot on there. The fact of the matter is that insurance is a mine field in all aspects of life, we know what happens in ur old personal little worlds and how flustrated we can get, but mulitiply that by what all councils have to put up with and hell, it is frightening.
Old 27-03-2009, 23:32   #20
Resting in Peace

All seems in order now according to Planning Applications for the rebuilding to go ahead .. sure Oakhillpark.com will know when work will commence or our two councillors that are on line at the moment.

Good news anyway ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 00:29   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Taken from the minutes of Friends of Oak Hill Park meeting 18th Feb

Quote:
Update from Andrew Hayhurst – the contractor is now on site and is finalising inspection of the foundations, and measurements for the steel frame. This will be complete in a couple of days, and the steel frame will then be ordered (6 weeks delivery). Indications are that the contractor may carry out the clearance works and then leave site for a few weeks until the steelwork is erected as there is a limited amount of work which can be carried out until the frame is up.
Old 28-03-2009, 11:06   #22
God Member

I have been informed that it will be rebuilt in time for the Mela in August this year but if we get a good summer, hopefully earlier than that.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 16:42   #23
God Member

Setting aside the stand for a moment, does anyone know how many oaks there are in Oakhill Park? Have they ever been counted? If not, why not?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 16:53   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Setting aside the stand for a moment, does anyone know how many oaks there are in Oakhill Park? Have they ever been counted? If not, why not?
And your point is ? Marketing, preservation issues ?
Old 28-03-2009, 16:55   #25
God Member

Katex has just volunteered to count 'em....mind you, I hope she knows the difference between oak, ash, willow.......
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 17:00   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Katex has just volunteered to count 'em....mind you, I hope she knows the difference between oak, ash, willow.......
Har, har ... well, I would have to take my Usborne Spotter's Guide out with me.
Old 28-03-2009, 19:14   #27
Junior Member+

guess what our council have awarded the contract to a company from outside the borough despite several local companies tendering, typical britcliffe and co give it to a company who contribute nothing to our local economy, perhaps they got the job because they built the new offices behind council hq
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 19:21   #28
God Member

What company got the job in the end?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2009, 21:08   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
i'll not let ty read this or he will be counting them next time we are there

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 19:06   #30

1 Bandstand in progress, credit to those who fought for it & those who jumped on board along the way. Hopefully before long it will be as it was!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4220.jpg (183.6 KB, 14 views)
b-sound is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..