Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 10:27   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: Stand in Oakhill Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
True, it was his job but even so it's nice to show appreciation for the work he's done. It was a long drawn out process and he's had a lot of hassle along the way from people not wanting it and from people wanting it - so yes, he deserves a bit of credit for getting it completed.

Sorry Gayle, can't see it that way. We all have hassle in our jobs no matter what area .. but you have to expect it. Try being in Sales ... daily battles with the rest of your company like warehousing, purchasing, production, etc., and you are trying to work for the customer as well as the company. Unfortunately, we still have a lot to learn in this country as to team work.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2009, 10:51   #47
God Member

I'm sure that when you got thanks or credit for doing a job, you appreciated it. It doesn't do any harm to thank people for a job well done - particularly when that job was more hassle than the normal job.

If you'd managed to pull in a particularly big client and it had taken twice as long as usual to get them to sign on the dotted line, plus they'd wanted delivery in three days - but you got the deal signed and sealed with the order delivered on time. Wouldn't you like your boss or the company you were dealing with to appreciate the work you'd done.

Yes, everyone gets hassle all the time but it's still nice to show appreciation when things go right.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:33   #48
Resting in Peace

Yes, of course it is good to get a pat on the back when you do a good job. Some companies only take note of you if you have made errors unfortunately.

Just that Neil sometimes has an unfortunate way of wording his posts sometimes… came across as though we should give him a special thanks for putting up with 'the hassle' rather than the end result and, in my opinion, was a little on the insulting side to the general public who had worked for the replacement bandstand.

Sure if I said the same thing about some project in Rhyddings Park instigated by the Friends of Rhyddings Park ... I would have had some critical response...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..