Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2003, 12:52   #1

Post Stanley on Saturday

Harry, what did I tell you about potential trouble on Saturday.

According to a police officer friend of mine there were more arrests at Stanley Shrewsbury than there was at Ewood.

Trouble outside Greyhorse before game, and Oakleigh after game, sporadic outbreaks of violence in town also after game whilst shrewsbury on way back to train station.

I said they were notorious for trouble, one of them even had his son with them ( about 5 years old, sad sad man )

No excuses with result easily could have been 4 or 5
Old 18-08-2003, 13:21   #2
I am Banned

Post Re: Stanley on Saturday

Went in sports bar for 15 mins after game then on to Crown.. few shrews fans in there.. everyhting OK... Went home after half an hour or so and didnt see or hear of any trouble....

I aint suprised with the amount that was there but then again am a little suprised as they didnt look like thugs from what I could see...

Have ya seen the pictures of them all on the game?
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 13:55   #3
adi

I heard about the trouble on Saturday.

I went on Ewood and was talking to some Wolves Fans.

Apparently they have a bit of a history with Shrewsbury and alot of Shrew's fans travelled up to stir some trouble with the Wolves fans.

All very sad.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 15:27   #4

Not seen the pics yet harry are they on kipax?
Old 18-08-2003, 15:28   #5

Adi, shrews and wolves had a to do on blackburn train station apparantley, if they cant go to a match without causing trouble THEN DONT GO AT ALL, we dont need you
Old 18-08-2003, 15:44   #6
adi

I'll second that Ruud.

The problem is though that it will keep on happening because the morons are intent on causing trouble.

Still at least they wont be up here again this season.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2003, 15:57   #7
I am Banned

Pictures on kipax.com of the game (mostly crowd shots n stuff) and in accy misc theres pics of the fans game earlier that morning
Old 19-08-2003, 07:21   #8

Looked at the picture Harry, are you sure they are for stanley and not for a lads glossy mag with all the girl shots on there? ;D
Old 19-08-2003, 10:28   #9
I am Banned

hehe they are the ones I published.. some good ones there... that blonde eh?

Even worse are the ones from Aldershot.. I got all 4 streakers full frontal shots... YUK .. Makes you wonder why they bother.. they couldn't even blame the cold weather....I ahvent published any of them.

Hardly anyone looks at game shots..its crowd and the pics that show the atmosphere that are by far the most populor so a bit of eye candy here and there helps hence the pretty girls shots

Old 19-08-2003, 11:18   #10

Best thing from Saturday by far!! ;D

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..