Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2009, 21:32   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Still in recession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Seems to me that the recession was caused by those supporters of toryism who run the banks and the financial institutions ... if the greedy right wingers in the UK, the US and other assorted "free market" economies hadn't got out of hand ... eyes greedier than their bellies, as my gran used to say ... there wouldn't have been a recession in the first place.
yep that was the root cause, labour happened to be in power at the time, but ya will never get the *******, oops torys to admit that simple fact. it wouldn't have mattered a toss who had been in power, those people ya mention,would still be the same end result, would take guts fer em to concede that though. so now they bitch about the government taking the wrong path in attempt to get out of recession, thats much easier n more palatable than the truth.
Old 23-12-2009, 21:47   #17
God Member

Quote:
I get screwed lots ... but I think it has more to do with my charm than with politics
or that prostitution is legal in canada

jokin

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 21:55   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
or that prostitution is legal in canada

jokin
How did you know that prostitution is legal in Canada? Soliciting is illegal, but prostitution isn't ... crazy stuff, eh
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 08:54   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Possibly, I just don't see an advantage of always calling the opposition, in the blind fanatical way that you do, it might be different if you could come up with practical solutions at the same time but you never can/do.

But, be honest if the Tories had been in power we would be just as stuffed as a nation so far as the recession is concerned.

Does he blame the Tory for the rain? Or for sending him out in it to put clothes on the line?
I hear what your saying Less, but my whole argument is that at the start of this recession Gordon was actively telling the world and his wife the best way to beat it, yet now we are one of only three countries still in it up to our necks, plus the fact he's still borrowing to an extent never seen before in this country. It used to be Labour's policy to Tax and Spend, Gordon has taken it to new levels Borrow and spend, the only problem is, what you borrow you have to pay back, but in spades
Old 24-12-2009, 08:57   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Seems to me that the recession was caused by those supporters of toryism who run the banks and the financial institutions ... if the greedy right wingers in the UK, the US and other assorted "free market" economies hadn't got out of hand ... eyes greedier than their bellies, as my gran used to say ... there wouldn't have been a recession in the first place.
We had banking regulations in this country Eric until Gordon scrapped them, if the bank of England had still been monitoring the situation these banks would have had their hands tied somewhat not allowed to run amok
Old 24-12-2009, 09:00   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
How did you know that prostitution is legal in Canada? Soliciting is illegal, but prostitution isn't ... crazy stuff, eh
In fact I'm not sure whether its the same in this country Ericbut I ain't doing any research
Old 24-12-2009, 09:10   #22
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I hear what your saying Less, but my whole argument is
That is exactly why people that pin their colours to the mast of one party, (any party), are so annoying, they don't want a discussion, they want an argument!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:27   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That is exactly why people that pin their colours to the mast of one party, (any party), are so annoying, they don't want a discussion, they want an argument!
The only argument I can see is which party gets to use the urinal first

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:32   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Its a bit late for me to change now Less I've been t it since I was 16
Old 24-12-2009, 09:34   #25
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Its a bit late for me to change now Less I've been t it since I was 16
There isn't a space in tit!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 09:44   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There isn't a space in tit!
Will you stop it off
Old 24-12-2009, 22:02   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
apart from petrol prices been up , chicken been a little bit expensive and british gas taking teh urine with their prices i cant really say iv noticed much if any change in my finances since this recession began

maybe its just the well off that are getting hit hard i dont know but im not that much worse off its just a pitty i was already broke to start with lol
yep..all the Tory chat about this being the longest, deepest, soul destroying recession that has ever been known to mankind is complete tut!...anyone over who lived through the 80's know this is not the worst.

PS.. just been down the offie and Bottle of Cockspur rum for 12.99..and at Tesco early Lamb's Navy Rum for a tenner... recession?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 10:52   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
yep..all the Tory chat about this being the longest, deepest, soul destroying recession that has ever been known to mankind is complete tut!...anyone over who lived through the 80's know this is not the worst.

PS.. just been down the offie and Bottle of Cockspur rum for 12.99..and at Tesco early Lamb's Navy Rum for a tenner... recession?
Of course you haven't felt it yet because our Gordon hasn't decided its time to start paying back all the wonga he's borrowed, maybe because he's still bloody borrowing at a great rate of notts
Old 28-12-2009, 16:06   #29
God Member

then maybe we shoudl apply for a reduction in our debt like teh G8 lot have if thats what its called because we should qualify

1: were broke

2: quite a lot of teh residents of these poor countries are living in the uk so we shodul get a bit of help supporting them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 18:13   #30
God Member

Quote:
We had banking regulations in this country Eric until Gordon scrapped them, if the bank of England had still been monitoring the situation these banks would have had their hands tied somewhat not allowed to run amok
Let me think about this one So ... now we have Gordon Brown being blamed for the greed of well-heeled tory supporters Remember, those institutions which ran "amok" and screwed up the economy are staffed mainly by rock solid (esp. between the ears) tory supporters.

We have banking regulations. We have the most stable banking system in the "developed" world ... the only party threatening to tinker with our system is the conservative party. Recently, several of our major banks including CIBC and HSBC have been fined millions for misleading investors. Looks good on 'em. Pity they didn't get jail time.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..