Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2013, 18:44   #1
God Member

stoopid stoopid stoopid

so you go to the town hall and sit at the window talking to an advisor for 20 mins while you fill in the forms you require

you are then handed back your documents and told to put them in an orange envolope and take it outside the building and put it in the mail box so it can be collected at the end of day by someone upstairs

why cant the muppet keep hold of the documents and take them upstairs?

i know there are cuts but is leg power that expensive ?

Also if asked for proof of ID the council now expect you to mail in your passport or driving licence or drop it off in the mail box outside the building so they can scan it and send it back to you by mail.

Has the world become so complacant that people are willing to leave documents that are basically your identity in the hands of a muppet with a scanner and the shambles known as royal mail ?

i never let vital documents out of my sight and i cetrainly wouldnt expect to be parted from them for up to a week.God knows what could happen to them and they arnt cheap to replace either

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 24-01-2013 at 18:46.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2013, 18:53   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: stoopid stoopid stoopid

It would surely be cheaper to take passport in n the muppet scan it there n then?
Old 24-01-2013, 18:54   #3
God Member

PS:

if you are asked to mail in documents that you feel uneasy about parting with dig your heels in deep and insist they scan them infront of you and hand them back

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 24-01-2013, 18:55   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It would surely be cheaper to take passport in n the muppet scan it there n then?
exactly what i said cashy but staff cuts apparantly prevent this..

unless of course you dig your heels in and make a fuss

the only time i have parted with my driving licence was to get 3 points put on it when i was alittle liberal with the accelorator in my ex partners car lol
maxthecollie likes this.

Old 24-01-2013, 20:10   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
so you go to the town hall and sit at the window talking to an advisor for 20 mins while you fill in the forms you require

you are then handed back your documents and told to put them in an orange envolope and take it outside the building and put it in the mail box so it can be collected at the end of day by someone upstairs

why cant the muppet keep hold of the documents and take them upstairs?

i know there are cuts but is leg power that expensive?
Just wait until universal credit, there will be no one to sit down and talk to it will probably be on the phone to someone.

Quote:
PS:
if you are asked to mail in documents that you feel uneasy about parting with dig your heels in deep and insist they scan them infront of you and hand them back
Again there will be no one to scan them when they all go and that building is empty
Old 24-01-2013, 21:18   #6

Welcome to the big society, we are all in it together.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 21:20   #7
God Member

The idea of the system is to make it as difficult as possible not to claim anything. Usually they make you feel like something they wipe off the bottom of their shoes. At least thats our experience
Old 24-01-2013, 21:51   #8
God Member

i was only after single person rebate on council tax lol

Old 24-01-2013, 22:03   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The idea of the system is to make it as difficult as possible not to claim anything. Usually they make you feel like something they wipe off the bottom of their shoes. At least thats our experience
Thats what we're all stood in!
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 22:29   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
They will still be collecting that but don't know where the offices will be - can't see it being the current building as it would be all but empty.
Old 25-01-2013, 02:34   #11
God Member

give it 12 months an all our enquiries will be dealt with by a call center in india by someone called bert with a female voice and a very poor grasp of english

so at least we have improvements on the horizon then :-)

Old 25-01-2013, 07:43   #12
God Member

Quote:
Sure you can do that by post, but I suppose if you look dodgy they wanna check you out
Old 25-01-2013, 08:06   #13
Resting in Peace

Its funny if you need to pay them some money you can do it online but if you need to claim a rebate or want money off them you have to go in person
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 08:12   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cashy were talking council here, they don't do cheap
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2013, 08:16   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Its funny if you need to pay them some money you can do it online but if you need to claim a rebate or want money off them you have to go in person
Think they call that give and take Mick or should I say take and give
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..