Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2014, 13:03   #16
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Stupid News Reporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Maybe that is our downfall Less. Maybe we should be a bit harder and a bit more worldly wise. A bit less accepting and tolerant.

How can there be any justice when these thugs are forcing their ideological views of their own people...Muslims(albeit a different form of Islam).
If they are willing to kill their own brothers then they sure as hell would have no hesitation in killing us....infidels.
They are inhuman......and how do we know that their families are innocent.....Yes...I know innocent until proved otherwise.

When the IS black flag flies over Downing Street perhaps we will wish we had taken more decisive action, because action is the only thing that thugs cowards and bullies understand.
It's a game of consequences, if I approve that innocent members of a terrorists family should be punished along with the guilty, then I haven't really got a right to criticise them stoning a raped woman to death on the grounds of adultery.
Nor should I complain if I am arrested as well as a relative that commits a murder and so on goes the spiral towards their depraved method of justice.

Last edited by Less; 25-08-2014 at 13:06.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-08-2014, 13:20   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right. Boris Johnson has said that those returning from Iraq and Syria should be regarded as guilty of terrorism unless they can prove otherwise and should be stripped of their citizenship. Right on the money, as far as I'm concerned. So let's be hearing the views of the Accyweb politicos...Graham Jones...Ken Moss...Bernard Dawson...what are your views on the subject?
%95 of us dont see a problem with the way things are currently ?

imagine if we started stripping folk of tehir citezenship it would be a nice change to be shoveling the crap the other way down the tunnel to france for once lol

please remember though boris is a politition and like his boss cameron is only saying things or doing half measures that he thinks will get him votes.Very little action will be taken if any

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 25-08-2014 at 13:24.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:21   #18
Beacon of light

No, I think the analogy doesn't work that well. Why can't you criticise a raped woman being stoned to death...she was the victim. There is no justice for her.

Where terrorism is concerned there need to be special measures put into place to stop young Muslim men for being encouraged to become Jihadis. The encouragement to wage a jihad may come from any male/female member of the family.......and certainly you hear very little from the Muslim community in decrying these actions....and what you do hear sounds like 'lip service'.

Down in London....at the Finsbury Park Mosque there have been many hate preachers who have urged Muslim men to wage jihad...and the police were there to protect the preacher.....not to stop the hatred spilling out of their mouths. the Authorities were too mealy mouthed and PC to do anything about it.

Yes, it is a game of consequences and one of the seriously scary consequences is that IS get stronger and move their fascist ideals along through Europe and across the channel.
We have a government that has all the backbone of a strawberry jelly......they will do nothing of any consequence until something really serious lands in their lap and then they will flap around like defenceless chickens.

They have to be stopped and sometimes the end justifies the means.
I am not war mongering or sabre rattling...but just saying it how I see it. My honest opinion, NO PC crap.(for what that is worth).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:26   #19

Quote:
No, I think the analogy doesn't work that well. Why can't you criticise a raped woman being stoned to death...she was the victim. There is no justice for her.
I agree no justice for her, anymore than punishing innocent relatives along with the guilty could remotely be called justice for them.

We need to prioritise punishing the guilty whilst protecting the innocent, no matter who they are.
Old 25-08-2014, 13:26   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I reckon if the whole family was thrown out in these instances, it may deter quite a few from going in the first place, and if it does, then as far as i'm concerned its been worth it. Theres more chance of that having an effect, than expecting imams etc to speak out about these atrocities.
Old 25-08-2014, 13:36   #21
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I agree no justice for her, anymore than punishing innocent relatives along with the guilty could remotely be called justice for them.

We need to prioritise punishing the guilty whilst protecting the innocent, no matter who they are.
It is about using a deterrent....something that will make these men think about what could happen.
Though Less, you need not worry about it ...it won't ever happen. The EU would tell us we are contravening human rights of some description....though I think we are upholding their right to a family life.
Enough criminals have been allowed to stay in the UK by citing this....so if we send the families out to be with their sons and brothers we are upholding this right for them.
Old 25-08-2014, 13:54   #22
God Member

Quote:
Quite right. Boris Johnson has said that those returning from Iraq and Syria should be regarded as guilty of terrorism
Been like that over here for a few years now ... time you guys caught up with what's going on in the colonies.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 13:54   #23

Quote:
It is about using a deterrent....something that will make these men think about what could happen.
Though Less, you need not worry about it ...it won't ever happen. The EU would tell us we are contravening human rights of some description....though I think we are upholding their right to a family life.
Enough criminals have been allowed to stay in the UK by citing this....so if we send the families out to be with their sons and brothers we are upholding this right for them.
Margaret I have already said:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Although I could agree with the above, I'm slightly hesitant, after all we are supposed to be looking for some form of justice and punishing 'innocent' members of their families may just be us sinking to their level of how the world should be viewed?
Notice, the hesitant bit?

Well the more you say,the more my hesitance grows, encouraging such actions as you suggest is wrong, I wish it wasn't and that we could have say, 5 years of cleansing the planet of all we feel is evil, but someone tried that 70 years ago, didn't do us any good whatsoever.
Old 25-08-2014, 14:02   #24
God Member

Quote:
I'm a born optimist
I checked that out in the OED ... seems like one of the definitions is "Supporter of Accrington Stanley FC."
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 14:37   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I checked that out in the OED ... seems like one of the definitions is "Supporter of Accrington Stanley FC."
Quite right, Eric, and the chances of any local politician coming on here and giving an answer other than obediently parroting the party line or indeed Boris Johnson's proposals being a acted on are on a par with Stanley winning the FA Cup this season...but we live in hope.
Less likes this.
Old 25-08-2014, 14:39   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Quite right, Eric, and the chances of any local politician coming on here and giving an answer other than obediently parroting the party line or indeed Boris Johnson's proposals being a acted on are on a par with Stanley winning the FA Cup this season...but we live in hope.
Disagree, Stanley have more chance of winning the F.A. Cup, n that happening.
Less, Wynonie Harris and Eric like this.
Old 25-08-2014, 14:46   #27

When video is involved, such as television reporters, most if not all are hired for their looks and not for their smarts or their journalism skills.
(Sorry for responding to the original thread!)
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2014, 14:51   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreJoe View Post
When video is involved, such as television reporters, most if not all are hired for their looks and not for their smarts or their journalism skills.
(Sorry for responding to the original thread!)
Not a problem, so far as I recall, we don't have a rule (yet) where you can be punished for being on thread, (though maybe when it's introduced we should also suspend anyone that innocently replied to the correct topic).
Stevie R likes this.
Old 25-08-2014, 15:17   #29
Beacon of light

Yes Less, of course I noted your hesitance......and I also agree that war is never any good for anyone(except those who make munitions).
Stanley Baldwin tried appeasement and it didn't work then.

What would you suggest would be the best course of action in dealing with these thugs and murderers?
I am not being 'fly' when I ask this. I am truly interested in what others thing would be an appropriate solution.......and so far, my answers have been honest and uncompromised by political correctness of the fear of being labeled racist or Islamophobe.
Old 25-08-2014, 15:35   #30

Quote:
Yes Less, of course I noted your hesitance......and I also agree that war is never any good for anyone(except those who make munitions).
Stanley Baldwin tried appeasement and it didn't work then.

What would you suggest would be the best course of action in dealing with these thugs and murderers?
I am not being 'fly' when I ask this. I am truly interested in what others thing would be an appropriate solution.......and so far, my answers have been honest and uncompromised by political correctness of the fear of being labeled racist or Islamophobe.
I don't think you are being fly at all, a perfectly reasonable question, worth repeating in fact,
Quote:
just to make sure I'm being non political by actually answering the question posed rather than make a neutral reply to a question you didn't ask.

Sorry failed I used the other political trick of hesitating, going off on a tangent to give myself time to think and then...

Make an absolutely useless statement, which is:-

I have no idea, if I had what I thought could be a solution I would have posted it.

The worrying thing is, the best suggestion today has been yours, not ideal but it is the best!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..