Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2018, 09:05   #61
God Member

Re: Sugar tax

the over use of mobiles is the curse of the century for me.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2018, 09:11   #62

I totally agree with you monkey hanger that it is a curse. Overuse of mobile phones has destroyed social interaction. It’s definitely gone down the gurgler. The other day I visited Zombie Land. Actually it was our doctor’s waiting room. There were a number of people in the room and at least 22 of them were staring zombie-fashion at their phones. No reaction when anyone came in or went out, no greetings, no smiles, (okay so we WERE in a doctors’ waiting room). Completely disconnected from anyone or anything around them.

Old people, young people, a tattoo that was hiding a man somewhere under all the head-to-toe ink, two mothers completely ignoring their children, even three very young children with their own phones. All looking like they were in a trance, absolutely mesmerised with the small screen in front of them. I think that besides him and me, and the two children who were being ignored, there were only a couple of others who didn’t have a bit of technology in their hands.

I find this very sad.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2018, 09:19   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I agree Dotti, think its Pathetic the way people play with mobiles all the time no interaction. many dont even look where they are going, about a fortnight ago, one silly cow walked right in front of my car texting or summat, i was on Blackburn Rd, doing around 28 MPH. If i had knocked her down, no doubt mummy and friends would be blaming the motorist.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-08-2018, 10:10   #64
God Member

i know some football matches can get boring at times but some spend most of the game playing with these bloody phones from the kick off. this mobile phone business is the biggest disease we have for me. think there was a film years ago called i married a zombie. didn,t know it was a documentary of the future.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2018, 09:45   #65
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the over use of mobiles is the curse of the century for me.
Sorry, I can't agree, the use of a mobile is wonderful for avoiding getting caught in a conversation with someone over-using chewing gum, especially someone that hasn't got enough motor skills to chew with their mouth shut.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..