Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2008, 13:15   #1

Talking Summer Holidays

Wow!! i can't believe they are upon us again already.
I love school hols, playing out with the kids is great, (if we ever get any good enough weather to do so). Hopfully we'll get to have days out etc..
What are you all going to get up to with the kiddies then?

Gail xxxx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2008, 13:18   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Summer Holidays

Tie him down to his bed and put his tv on.... obviously i will have to gag him cos the noise will get annoying eventually...................................

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 13:38   #3
God Member

we'll be going out for days n'all, was going to go to France but ive only got £400 saved lol
gonna have a coupla nights in Blackpool and a day in London and Edinburgh, then the usual up and down the country thing on the trains
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 20:10   #4
God Member

Hoping that the weather bucks up so they can at least play out a bit when my mum's got them.

I'm working in the hols so child care being shared between my mum and holiday club.
Old 15-07-2008, 20:15   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
we'll be going out for days n'all, was going to go to France but ive only got £400 saved lol
gonna have a coupla nights in Blackpool and a day in London and Edinburgh, then the usual up and down the country thing on the trains
Trains .... I love trains ... and Blackpool sounds great tho' I haven't been for a long time, back in the days of Charlie Carolli and Paul
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 20:59   #6
God Member

ah old Charlie Coroli hey, there is a lot of things in Blackpool tower about him
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 21:04   #7
God Member

I'm hoping we have some fine days as I'm going to try and teach Ellie how to ride a bike without stabilisers, (any tips most welcome). Also Edisford Bridge is a good day out.
Old 15-07-2008, 21:11   #8
Senior Member+

how olds ellie grego? ive taken the stabilisers off ty's but he is too scared of falling to try.

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 21:13   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego View Post
I'm hoping we have some fine days as I'm going to try and teach Ellie how to ride a bike without stabilisers, (any tips most welcome). Also Edisford Bridge is a good day out.
Patience, and practice .... I can clearly remember that after weeks of riding with training wheels (I presume this is what you mean by stabilizers) it just came to me ... I could ride As long as she sees riding a bike, and learning to ride as fun, not as a chore, everything will be cool.
Old 15-07-2008, 22:59   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Patience, and practice .... I can clearly remember that after weeks of riding with training wheels (I presume this is what you mean by stabilizers) it just came to me ... I could ride As long as she sees riding a bike, and learning to ride as fun, not as a chore, everything will be cool.
It's as easy as falling off a log
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 23:06   #11
God Member

There is also a free exhibition being held in Accy library upstairs in the lecture hall about accrington stanley, the history etc... def worth a look as there are loads of activities for kids to get involved in throughout the summer holidays and before anyone says it they are not all football based!!!!

For more info check out www.stanleysupporters.co.uk

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 23:35   #12
God Member

Got some leaflets off Gayle for my grandchildren and nephew to take into school about the exhibition, must say plenty of activities for the kids!!!
Old 15-07-2008, 23:43   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
It's as easy as falling off a log
Or a bar stool

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..