Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2012, 10:59   #46
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Super mosque in doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Or Pakistan.
Are you allowed to say Pakistan on the all new P.C. AccyWeb without being blackballed and branded a racist?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2012, 11:31   #47
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Or Pakistan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Are you allowed to say Pakistan on the all new P.C. AccyWeb without being blackballed and branded a racist?

The Thames river police stop two Pakistani gentlemen in a row boat, rowing towards central London.

"The captain gets on the loudhailer and shouts "Ahoy, small craft, where are you heading?"
One of the Pakistani gentlemen stands up and shouts, "We are invading the United Kingdom !"
The crew of the Police launch all start laughing and when the captain finally stops laughing, he gets back on the loudhailer and says "Just the two of you then?"
The Pakistani gentleman stands up again and shouts,

"No, we're just the last two. The rest are already here!"

Last edited by Retlaw; 17-09-2012 at 11:34.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 11:48   #48
Beacon of light

what worries me is that most of our energy firms are in foreign hands and now the frogs want to take over BAE(and the MP's initially saw nothing wrong in this takeover - I think one or two are getting a bit chary about it now).........that is really worrying.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 13:40   #49
God Member

We can debate this until hell freezes over. There is, however, a point we are missing. You can't involve yourselves in a serious, reasoned, logical debate with muslims. You can't do it with "born-again" Christians either. Who's that local nutbar whose name pops up sometimes on here? Ken somebody or other is it? Imagine a discussion with him. Fairly soon into the debate, he grabs his dog-eared copy of the Bible and states: "As Jesus said in Mark .... ". Hold on there, buddy! Were these his actual words? And who is this Jesus anyway? Is there a well-documented historical record of his existence? (Of course, there isn't) And the argument is over. Reason, logic, compromise don't work. It's reason vs. faith. You can't argue with a muslim either, 'cause sooner than later you run head-first into the goddam koran OMG, did I say "goddam koran"? What would that get me in Pakistan? If I were lucky enough to avoid lynching on the way to jail, I would probably be convicted of blasphemy and be executed. It was the same at Munich. Chamberlain, no doubt an honourable gentleman in that fine English tradition of hounour and fair play, actually thought he had convinced the Nazis to be reasonble. Peace in our time, eh. Here's an artist's impression of Hitler and Mussolini after Munich: There was only one argument the Germans would understand. It was called WW ll.

And there is only one argument that will convince Islam ... and that argument comes out of the business end of a gun. Not some mickey mouse action like the one in Afghanistan ... what were we doing there anyway; I'm not clear on that point Were we there to build schools and hospitals, and train their police and army so that they were better equipped to turn their weapons on us? Or were we there to fight the Taliban

There have already been several wake-up calls; but all we did was hit the snooze button. July 7, 2005. Now that was one big mother of an alarm clock going off. And the bombers? Where did they come from? Mmmm.

And now this latest crisis. Even the usually bellicose yanks are asleep at the switch.

Neil Macdonald: A mighty nation, frightened by an angry mob - World - CBC News

The fecal matter is headed for the swiftly roatating object folks. It's time to duck, or to pull the plug on the fan.

Like it or lump it, that's what I think.

Last edited by Eric; 17-09-2012 at 13:44.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 13:48   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
The fecal matter is headed for the swiftly roatating object folks. It's time to duck, or to pull the plug on the fan.
Didn't a bloke called Enoch say much the same thing about forty years ago?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 13:52   #51
Beacon of light

we can't have reasoned logical debate because we would be labelled racists and bigots.......so we hold our views privately.
As Retlaw said in a past post.......appeasement never works.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:52   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Yes he did, not long after he opened the doors to immigration from the Commonwealth.
Old 17-09-2012, 13:55   #53
Beacon of light

But we have had chances to shut the doors and we haven't done it.......not only have we not done it, we have used a loud hailer to get more folk to come in.
We accept anybody regardless of their backgrounds. We do not know how many people are here, that should not be because we have a half arsed immigration and border control. It is a joke, but I'm not sure it is really funny anymore.
Old 17-09-2012, 14:29   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
As far as I understand, Enoch Powell was a rascist. And I don't see that this discussion has anything at all to do with race You can't make a "race" out of Arabs, Egytpians, Turks, Iranians, Indonesians, Muhammad Ali, etc.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 17:28   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric
You can't make a "race" out of Arabs, Egytpians, Turks, Iranians, Indonesians, Muhammad Ali, etc.
Is Judaism a race, a religion or a culture?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2012, 17:31   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'll soon find out.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 00:21   #57

Now that I've read the latest saga in the newspaper about the leasehold issue, I've just sent off an(other) email to my local councillors about this matter. This time I'm objecting to a change of leasehold to freehold, pointing out that it's their duty to act in the best interests of all residents and business owners. I also included a link to the Charity Board website (below) which publishes each charity's annual income/expenditure. I can understand the commercial and religious reasons why the mosque committee want a freehold but in my view the council has to act in the best interests of all the residents.

When I went to Sunday School it was free so I was surprised to see youngsters pay to learn the koran -

Charity overview
Lucysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 18:13   #58
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
But we have had chances to shut the doors and we haven't done it.......not only have we not done it, we have used a loud hailer to get more folk to come in.
We accept anybody regardless of their backgrounds. We do not know how many people are here, that should not be because we have a half arsed immigration and border control. It is a joke, but I'm not sure it is really funny anymore.
When David Waddington was Home Secretary under Margaret Thatcher, didn't he propose a drastic reduction on the numbers of immigrants, but was then ridiculed and eventually ousted from his position for his views. The dangers imposed on us now by the mish-mash of muslim and eastern European immigrants is of nothing compared with what will come about if we don't take urgent stock of the matter. But I already fear that it is too late!
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 10:47   #59
Junior Member+

HI Stumped, i agree with your comment; We all know what will come about if we don'
t take urgent stock of the matter.

Do as Lucysgirl has done... contact your local councillor and tell them what you want.
daisychain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 10:59   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisychain View Post
contact your local councillor and tell them what you want.
I don't think my local Councillor would appreciate me telling him to send himself and his family back where he came from.

Are you the one in the centre?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..