Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2008, 18:08   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Support For Migrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Think he has missed the point altogether. On his basis if I move to Spain or France ( I can't speak either ) they will provide all official documents in English and where they are not available will provide me at their taxpayers cost, a translator ?
don't think he has, in my experience,know alls have no desire to "Get" the point.
Old 23-06-2008, 18:19   #62
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
don't think he has, in my experience,know alls have no desire to "Get" the point.

He's also a little naive if he thinks every country in the world welcomes migrants with open arms.

There are parts of France and Spain where there is a backlash against all the Brits who have moved there. Just as in eastern Europe there is anger because property has been priced out of the local's reach, because of the influx of western European investors, and second home owners.

I was actually reading yesterday about the terrible abuse suffered by German Jews, many whom were concentration camp survivors, when they went to the newly created state of Israel in the late 40's. The more orthodox settlers didn't think them Jewish enough, or capable of hard work.

So it just isn't Brits who are against mass emigration.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:27   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Yes and he would awaken from his dream....and I do live in Spain.
But would you want to be forcibly repatriated?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:29   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly
Of course we must not forget that nearly 20% of the local population are Muslim and do not h ave any religious qualms at all about working Sunday. Are you suggesting that the laws of our country should be biased against the majority of the populations wishes ?
I know I failed maths 'O' level but isn't 20% a minority?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
There are parts of France and Spain where there is a backlash against all the Brits who have moved there.
Never mind France and Spain. There was a road sign in Scotland on the A82, somewhere near Bridge of Orchy if I recall correctly. Sprayed upon it was the slogan 'White settlers go home'.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:30   #65
God Member

This what I like to hear from Accy Webber's.. the legendary good old Lancashire welcome to our fellow Europeans !!
Reminds me of Huddersfield.. a lady was telling me she had lived there for 40 years yet people still called her an "incomer".. was "The League of Gentlemen " really based on Ossie???

Last edited by Mancie; 23-06-2008 at 18:34.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:32   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
here comes another. just like the other. whos on about that?
Old 23-06-2008, 18:32   #67
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

Never mind France and Spain. There was a road sign in Scotland on the A82, somewhere near Bridge of Orchy if I recall correctly. Sprayed upon it was the slogan 'White settlers go home'.
I lived in Scotland for three years, and outside of the cosmopolitan cities, racism against non-Scots is rife.

Better to pretend to be deaf and dumb, than speak with an English accent.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:36   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post

If you look at my previous postings you will see figures quoted of 59% who have no religous affiliation. Add the 20 % Muslim p0prulation and it makes 79% who consider themselves not Christians on non practicing Christians. This is a very large majority to have Sunday closing forced upon them
Old 23-06-2008, 18:36   #69
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I lived in Scotland for three years, and outside of the cosmopolitan cities, racism against non-Scots is rife.

Better to pretend to be deaf and dumb, than speak with an English accent.
i discovered that during my brief soujourn in paisley n leaving because of it. n that was 40 yrs ago.
Old 23-06-2008, 18:37   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
here comes another. just like the other. whos on about that?
And you have a problem with someone asking a question?
Old 23-06-2008, 18:39   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
And you have a problem with someone asking a question?
when its a stupid question i aint a problem with it, i just respond likewise, have you a problem with that?
Old 23-06-2008, 18:41   #72
God Member

Quote:
No I would not, the difference being....I am here by choice, I don't expect or collect benefits, I observe the laws of the country.
I have lived in Spain for a total of 9 years and never once have I been confronted or abused by any Spanish people.
Spain are experiencing the same influx of EU Nationals who have no work.
Vagrancy laws in Spain are such that if you can't support yourself...go home....That applies to all Nationalities.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:42   #73

I wondered how long it was going to take before someone started to accuse people of being racist. It was only a matter of time…good chap declan
Old 23-06-2008, 18:44   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
No I would not, the difference being....I am here by choice, I don't expect or collect benifits, I observe the laws of the country.
I have lived in Spain for a total of 9 years and never once have I been confronted or abused by any Spanish people.
Spain are experiencing the same influx of EU Nationals who have no work.
Vagrancy laws in Spain are such that if you can't support yourself...go home....That applies to all Nationalities.
My mate lives in Spain and he can't support himself!.. well he can if he leans against a wall
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2008, 18:47   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
My mate lives in Spain and he can't support himself!.. well he can if he leans against a wall
Ye.......I've seen him

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..