Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2009, 10:26   #136
Senior Member+

Re: swine flu case confirmed from hyndburn park school!

You have to laugh at the number of anti-government opinions on here, using Daily Mail articles to support the argument....lol

On to the swine fu, well I tried to get through to the swine flu hotline earlier... all I got was crackling.
Old 26-07-2009, 14:31   #137
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
You have to laugh at the number of anti-government opinions on here, using Daily Mail articles to support the argument....lol

On to the swine fu, well I tried to get through to the swine flu hotline earlier... all I got was crackling.
Hmmm! If you can outline anything good about the current adminstration, then I'm sure it would be interesting to hear it.

Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 17:22   #138
Resting in Peace

Well it looks like the people across the road from me has it
A doctor came this morning with is bag white coat and a mask on his face
although he could just be fumigating the place but i doubt it
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 09:21   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Hmmm! If you can outline anything good about the current adminstration, then I'm sure it would be interesting to hear it.

What ever anybody does don't look to Ed Miliband for solace, he's caused a panic saying the NHS can't cope, that's really sensible for an Health Minister
Old 27-07-2009, 11:20   #140
Senior Member+

Quote:
That must of been because of the number of callers.

According to the BBC, the hotline and internet site recieved a average of 2600 calls/hits a second. 74.000,000 in 8 hours, WOW thats a lot of calls/hits for 1 days.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 15:40   #141

swine flu in ferngore
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 21:10   #142
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pussycat View Post
swine flu in ferngore
well if it goes in the spinning jenny it will get its arse kicked

it has been warned

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 21:17   #143
God Member

Quote:

If you roasted wee Gordon all you would get would be Crackling.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 21:25   #144
Senior Member+

I've had it!!

It was a joke. Swine = Pigs = Crackling.
Old 27-07-2009, 21:31   #145
Passed away 25-11-09

Those who get this flu don't seem to be ill for very long so it doesn't appear to be quite as dreadful as is sometimes feared. The tabloids are doing a wonderful job engendering hysteria and the government, as usual, is running around like Corporal Jones shouting, "Don't panic!" and waving tamiflu instead of a bayonet.
Old 28-07-2009, 07:22   #146
Beacon of light

I agree with that Cath.......they certainly know how to make a drama out of something.....and it is hardly surprising when you hear that one of the chaps in charge is a big cheese in the organisation that makes the anti-virals.
They want folk to be banging on the GP's doors demanding the Tamiflu/Relenza.......and most of these will not have the H1N1 virus at all, because they aren't testing folk anymore.
Many viruses will give the kind of symptoms that the NHS Pandemic centre are asking callers if they suffer from.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 08:07   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I agree with that Cath.......they certainly know how to make a drama out of something.....and it is hardly surprising when you hear that one of the chaps in charge is a big cheese in the organisation that makes the anti-virals.
They want folk to be banging on the GP's doors demanding the Tamiflu/Relenza.......and most of these will not have the H1N1 virus at all, because they aren't testing folk anymore.
Many viruses will give the kind of symptoms that the NHS Pandemic centre are asking callers if they suffer from.
I've been ill recently, and when i used the symptom checker on the NHS direct website it said that I had swineflu (other than the acheing i had every symptom), I think that I just had a bad cold, may be wrong but according to the website I should have rang the swineflu hotline. Whatever I have had lasted around 7 days (of feeling completely cack and if i didnt have children to look after then i do think a lot of that would have been spent in bed or lying on the sofa) now ive just got a dodgy caugh and bit of a bad chest that doesnt seem to want to clear up.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 10:42   #148
Beacon of light

The other worrying apsect of taking the anti-virals is that they are not without side effects......doctors are reporting an increased incidence of patients who are needing to visit the surgery because of the side effects of these drugs......another worry is that when the H1N1 virus mutates, as it surely will then the antivirals may be ineffective.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 12:18   #149
God Member

when Reece took the Tamiflu he didnt get any side effects whatsoever
Old 28-07-2009, 15:59   #150
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
when Reece took the Tamiflu he didnt get any side effects whatsoever
I'm not relishing the idea of even going there flashy, it maybe that it was with Reece being young and fit, as for me I don't know which would kill me the Flu or the Tamiflu, I don't want to risk either

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..