Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2009, 15:57   #76
Senior Member+

Re: swine flu case confirmed from hyndburn park school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Shadsworth Infant School have a confirmed case

my niece goes there, my bro's keeping her off, they have a baby due in 8 weeks and he's not risking it for the baby's sake
I don't blame them for doing that, it's not worth risking anything. Siobhan's nursery sent all the children home with a letter last Tuesday saying a case had been confirmed there. Siobhan was sent home with a temperature on Wednesday afternoon, she has had no other symptoms at all. The on call doctor prescribed her with Tammiflu and me with Relenza with the baby being due this week, but I don't see how the doctors can make a right diagnosis over the phone without actually conducting any test on those people with symptoms.

Siobhan was back to normal by Thursday afternoon but cannot go back to nursery until she has finished the course of tablets.

Last edited by buttonsmum; 13-07-2009 at 16:02. Reason: type error
buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2009, 17:40   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttonsmum View Post
. The on call doctor prescribed her with Tammiflu and me with Relenza with the baby being due this week, but I don't see how the doctors can make a right diagnosis over the phone without actually conducting any test on those people with symptoms.
Suppose even if you visited the doctor, he can't see your symptoms ... just listen to what you are suffering. Tests take a few days too so would be too late to treat.

Pleased Siobhan is better ... and we all look forward to some good news later in the week from you.

Personally, went for my pneumonia jab this morning (missed an appointment in Winter) .. but got letter advising me to do this as is a major complication to flu for people 'of my age'.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 18:14   #78
Senior Member+

My daughter is now in bed feeling very under the weather, one of her friends from Hassy High has been diagnosed with it and they were together at a sleepover on friday! Hope this is just coincidental!
Old 13-07-2009, 18:17   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Now pupils at Peel Park School, one confirmed, two unconfirmed.
I too got this letter when picked little en up
Old 13-07-2009, 18:37   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
My daughter is now in bed feeling very under the weather, one of her friends from Hassy High has been diagnosed with it and they were together at a sleepover on friday! Hope this is just coincidental!
Have you rung NHS Direct? Think I would just to see what they say, hope she is ok.
Old 13-07-2009, 20:38   #81
Senior Member+

Have done the symptoms checker thing and it's looking like a full house!
Will ring Doc's tomorrow, I feel fine as yet, Kels looking increasingly ropey though, flushed face and shivery. Not good.
Old 13-07-2009, 21:42   #82
Passed away 25-11-09

The worst aspect of this flu is the tide of panic that's sweeping so many people along. Flu is always nasty and people die from it but it's more usual in Winter so no one comments very much. This flu has landed in mid Summer and it has a Name.

I had a flu with a Name in the Summer of 1957. It was called Asian Flu and I was only 14. I was very ill for a few days and very weak for a few weeks but people were dieing from it. It swept the country and half the world but there wasn't the hysteria there is about this swine flu. The media and the internet have a lot to answer for.
Old 13-07-2009, 22:20   #83
God Member

Quote:
Will ring Doc's tomorrow, I feel fine as yet, Kels looking increasingly ropey though, flushed face and shivery. Not good.
they do advise that you get the antivirals in your system as soon as possible and i believe they arrange pick up of them any time of the day,they dont usually make such a fuss about antivirals when there a flu bug going around but its up to you im just mentioning that the NHS direct people advise getting teh antivirals as soon as possible to increase their chances of working

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 22:31   #84
God Member

hope that didnt sound patronising it wasnt supposed to

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 23:02   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
can I ask what the symptoms checker thing is?
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 23:10   #86
God Member

here ya go GG
Swine flu - Symptoms
Old 14-07-2009, 08:56   #87
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Suppose even if you visited the doctor, he can't see your symptoms ... just listen to what you are suffering. Tests take a few days too so would be too late to treat.

Pleased Siobhan is better ... and we all look forward to some good news later in the week from you.

Personally, went for my pneumonia jab this morning (missed an appointment in Winter) .. but got letter advising me to do this as is a major complication to flu for people 'of my age'.
They have now stopped doing tests kate, with so many people going down with the virus, they even say don't go to your GP, just arrange to get the antiviral drugs if you have the symptoms. It doesn't help wen the chief medical officer Liam Donaldson keeps coming on TV and giving the worst case scenario and scaring the living daylights out of everybody, he's certainly got me jumpy and I don't get out that much.
I'm due to go to the Royal in a fortnight for a precautionary ECG I'm seriously thinking about not going, I'm asking myself do I need to be in a place with hundreds of people any of who could have this virus and given the fact that If I get it I wouldn't stand a chance, scary very scary
Old 14-07-2009, 09:22   #88
God Member

When I had an ECG last summer, it was done by a practice nurse at the doc's surgery.
So it may be available at one of the 2 new medical centres - no harm in asking

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2009, 10:16   #89
Resting in Peace

More swine flu cases confirmed - News - Accrington Observer
Link to swine flu case's in the Observer.
Old 14-07-2009, 12:17   #90
Lyn

Hope things are better today and it turned out to be a summer cold or similar! Keep your chin up!
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..