Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2009, 11:46   #121
God Member

Re: swine flu case confirmed from hyndburn park school!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think they would give my asthma some gip to accyman
yeah i can see how E numbers making you hyper running about the place would effect your asthma lol

my asthmas only mild and only sufffer from it when i get flu so im not really too concerned about this pig flu but my eldest is pretty bad with it and that bit does worry me quite a bit if im honest

totally over reacted yesterday he felt hot so i raced home and checked his temp with a thermomitor and he moaned about having to have a thermomitor in his gob but once i pointed out the other place they stick thermomitors he piped down and let me take his temp lol

turns out i had left the cars heater on full but cant be too carefull pmsl

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2009, 12:18   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
well the Tamiflu tablets have helped Reece, he's even back to arguing with me now
You'll know he's fully recovered flashy when he starts winning a do again
Old 19-07-2009, 12:33   #123
God Member

If I get it I won't take Tamiflu. I have read that the production process uses antifreeze.
I suppose if your wife is frigid it might help
I have searched and found a herbal extract and I have ordered some.
It was used during the 1918 epidemic and worked.

Lomatium dissectum as an anti-viral and anti-bacterial herbal medicine."

History

During the fall of 1918 when the influenza epidemic visited this section of Nevada, the Washoe Indian used a root in the treatment of their sick which was gathered along the foot-hills of this slope of the Sierra. The plant proved to be a rare species of the parsley family (Leptotaemia dissecta*), according to a report from the University of California.

Whether a coincidence or not, there was not a single death in the Washoe tribe from influenza or its complications, although Indians living in other parts of the State where the root did not grow died in numbers. It was such a remarkable coincidence that the root was investigated by a practicing physician who saw apparently hopeless cases recover without any other medication or care of any kind.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 19:33   #124
God Member

Im glad Reece is on the mend Flashers, ya get back to giving us stick again!
Old 19-07-2009, 19:50   #125
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
well the Tamiflu tablets have helped Reece, he's even back to arguing with me now
Even though our kids can be very annoying, I'm sure we would rather have them that way instead of sick.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 22:02   #126
Full Member+

According to the Daily Express, Cherie Blair has been diagnosed with swine flu. So there is some good news after all.

Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 22:03   #127
Senior Member+

thats not nice! wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2009, 22:38   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
According to the Daily Express, Cherie Blair has been diagnosed with swine flu. So there is some good news after all.

hope she gives her bastard husband gives her a big wet kiss tonight

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-07-2009, 23:04   #129
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Well i would!
Old 19-07-2009, 23:42   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
hope she gives her bastard husband gives her a big wet kiss tonight
english version:

hope she gives her bastard husband a big wet kiss tonight

Old 20-07-2009, 08:50   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post

your quite right Emma, its an awful thing to have and like you, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, i was in tears Thursday and Friday with Reece, as a parent you feel so frightened and helpless, there is nothing you can do other than give them the tablets and paracetamol and hope they kick in quickly, i spent 2 nights sleeping on the floor at the side of his bed just to make sure he was going to be ok, his temperature was so high he was hilucinating...not a good thing for a 12 year old (or anyone else) to go through
Old 20-07-2009, 08:55   #132
Senior Member+

Quote:
your quite right Emma, its an awful thing to have and like you, i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, i was in tears Thursday and Friday with Reece, as a parent you feel so frightened and helpless, there is nothing you can do other than give them the tablets and paracetamol and hope they kick in quickly, i spent 2 nights sleeping on the floor at the side of his bed just to make sure he was going to be ok, his temperature was so high he was hilucinating...not a good thing for a 12 year old (or anyone else) to go through
im glad hes getting better flashy, it must have been terrifying for you its really scaring me at the moment with grace being so young, tys a big strong lad and im scared of him getting it

my friend has it, she is 26 weeks pregnant adn in isolation in blackpool hospital, they are giving her steroids for the baby and think it might have sent her into labour

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 09:25   #133
God Member

awww thats awful, my sis-in-law is pregnant too, she has 7 weeks left and is frightened to come near Reece even now, and rightly so

i hope your friend pulls through and the baby is fine
Old 20-07-2009, 17:46   #134
Full Member+

I doubt that even the swine flu virus would want to associate itself with the likes of Tony Blair - the lying cretin who has condemned so many fine young men to death by his cowardly creeping up to the similarly discredited George Bush.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 09:22   #135
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
I doubt that even the swine flu virus would want to associate itself with the likes of Tony Blair - the lying cretin who has condemned so many fine young men to death by his cowardly creeping up to the similarly discredited George Bush.
Blairs make £2m profit on house that taxpayers helped pay for | Mail Online
But their snouts are firmly in the trough

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..