Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2010, 15:37   #16
God Member

Re: swine flu jab?

Docs get a cash bonus for every immunisation, so I would take their recommendation with 'a pinch of salt'.
Rely on your own judgement - if in doubt dont.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2010, 15:48   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i read somewhere that teh vaccine has killed more people than the actual swinflu its self
This was in 1976 Accyman .. no evidence that that this is happening with the swine flu vaccine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I am sure you could wait while you decide and have it in a few weeks if you decide you want to.

Don't rush into it, take some time to think about it.
Not that easy Neil .. the vaccine only has a shelf life of 48 hours, so G.P.'s have to order in batches and send for their patients when they know it is coming in. If patients don't attend or don't give notice of refusal, then that is quite a bit down the sink.

Apart from the sore arm (no worse than if you had had a light bruise), there are no noted side effects.

As for not being tested thoroughly .. the vaccine would not have received a licence if it had not. We are very stringent with this in the U.K.

The money spent .. well, the Government would have been 'damned if they did, damned if they didn't' so to speak.

Your decision Emamum of course .. it's everyone's right to refuse and make their own mind up.

You and Grace, of course, are in the worst high risk groups of suffering hospitalisation and long term effects if you do happen to contract this flu. I wouldn't think twice about having it or letting a young child of mine receive it, however, I am me.

Last edited by katex; 16-02-2010 at 15:51.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 16:04   #18
God Member

I have posted this before.
How Vaccinations Work - Th1/Th2 Immune Response

"In individuals in whom the Th1 function predominates, causing many acute inflammations because the cellular immune system is overreactive, a vaccination could have a balancing effect on the immune system and be helpful for that individual.
In individuals in whom the Th2 function predominates, causing few acute inflammations but rather the tendency to chronic allergic or autoimmune inflammations, a vaccination would cause the Th2 function to predominate even more, aggravating the imbalance of the immune system and harming the health of that individual. This is what happened in Gulf War Illness.
The current use of vaccinations in medicine today is essentially a "shotgun" approach which ignores differences among individuals. In such an approach some individuals may be helped and others may be harmed."

Until you know the type of immune system you have - (and docs dont test for it) - you may get a nasty reaction.

Irrespective of that -I hold the opinion that injecting mercury/squalene into a person does harm whether you experience a reaction or not.

Last edited by MargaretR; 16-02-2010 at 16:09.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 16:11   #19
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
As for not being tested thoroughly .. the vaccine would not have received a licence if it had not. We are very stringent with this in the U.K.

I will wait a few years before I decide how safe I think it was.

I am sure you remember thalidomide.
Old 16-02-2010, 16:13   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:

one of the reasons i'm having second thoughts...

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 16:17   #21
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I remember it, it was one of the reasons the law has been made so stringent.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 16:18   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
I am just pleased to see you are thinking about it instead of just following the rest of the sheep.

Whatever you decide is up to you.
Don't let anyone pressure you into doing what they think.
Listen to opinions and then make your own mind it.
It is your body and they are your children so you need to decide.
Old 16-02-2010, 16:19   #23
God Member

Just weigh the pros and cons up and decide from there. As you are both in the high risk group are you prepared to take the risk? Maybe speaking to somebody who has been in contact with swine flu could give you an idea of just how bad it is. My son and grandson are both ashmatic and had the jab as prevention, as it say pros and cons but if I was in a high risk group think I would have the jab.
Old 16-02-2010, 17:45   #24

Quote:

Thats what i thought about.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 19:37   #25
God Member

the handling of swineflu was a joke from teh begining you had 16year olds diagnosing from a leaflet and dispersing tamiflu which wasnt a pleasant drug regarding side effects.I myself was diagnosed with swineflu when i rang NHS direct for somthing and despite reasuring them that my headache was from the amount of vodka i had drank the previous night and the sore throat was from singing very loudly in the club and were not related in anyway to my long term condition i was still diagnosed with swineflu at which point i hung up on the idiot

as for teh vaccine it was knocked up in a very short time and theres no way on earth they could have tested it properly

teh whole situation is shabby to say the least and if teh govenment had handled teh situation better so many people wouldnt be having teh doubts they have now

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 19:50   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum View Post
Good, with you being pregnant you need to be extra careful what you decide.

How far are you now?
Old 16-02-2010, 20:35   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good, with you being pregnant you need to be extra careful what you decide.

How far are you now?

14 weeks

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2010, 20:56   #28

We just decided against it for our 4 1/2 year old son. However that was because he has just had a cold anyway and was still a bit under the weather and we didnt want to prolong his misery especially as its half term. (I know it may not have affected him but just the thought of the injection was bothering him)

So in a few weeks...I have always held that there are people who are experts in certain areas, and they know far better than me. Now I dont mean the politicians here (As I was saying to the missus, dont you remember the politician who said 9/11 was a good time to put out bad news as it would be hidden. We know the swine flu cost us big time and I still believe there is a politician or two making sure they still have jobs, but making sure we use the stuff).

However my family doctor has been our doctor for years...and regardless of whether he would get paid for it or not I trust him to tell me the best medical advice. And therefore if he recommends we do or dont,I`ll be following his advice.
Old 17-02-2010, 17:53   #29

Quote:

My thoughts exactly

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2010, 21:47   #30
God Member

govenments arnt doctors they get advice from other sources on how to treat an epidemic and can you guess where the advice comes from?

probably the pharmacutical companies and the polotitions palm they greased to backup what they say is needed.

the govenment was in such a panic by swineflu they had to come up with somthing quick and if a polotitions palm had been greased to say shoving 4 pork pies up yer bum was the thing to do it would have led to some very interesting conversations on the nhs direct help line.

do i think polotitions are corrupt enough to allow a dangerous vaccine that hasnt been tested properly to be given to millions then the answer is yes i do .

drugs go through years of testing and have trials beofre been introduced to the public yet this vaccine was made up and distributed in a matter of months.Time will tell just like it did with thalidomid i guess

on the other hand it may just be magic juice and all will be well

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..