Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2015, 19:32   #31
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Looks on the outside, like its one way of getting at IS.
Nah ... all he did was shoot them ... good, clean American fun ... happens at least a 1000 times a month. If he wanted to make a statement he could have lopped off their pumpkins, or burnt them alive.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-02-2015, 20:33   #32
Senior Member+
 
Accyexplorer's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

Yes,considering the number of murders over there I'm surprised it got any airtime at all and yes, it was 'apparently' a dispute over parking.After the outrage over the media bias I see the MSM has decided to put a few articles up....



.....But most folk know that had this been a Muslim shooting white people it would be stop the press, 24hr live coverage and lots of keywords like jihad or links to Al-Qaeda
__________________
Taking pics of some of the places you see is DANGEROUS . I do not condone or encourage breaking the law or unsafe behavior.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 21:44   #33
I am Banned
 

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'll get back to swatting up on history,politics and economics....with a little help of this weeks beano
Well reading the Beano must surely improve the quality of your mind farts.
Go for it Sunshine.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 23:59   #34
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

.....But most folk know
Not a good way to introduce a point in any argument ... it's right down there with "They say ...." To start off: Most folk know that 95% of folk don't give a flying [deleted] about shiite like this. The 5% who do care maybe "know" that the incidence of non-muslims offing muslims is fairly low ... possibly on a par with hate crimes against Jews, Gays, and abortionists. There's lots of sounding off, and all kinds of folk claiming to be Charlie Hebdo ... but shooting, (let's leave out Marines or the IDF), beheading, kidnapping, raping, blowing up things, and all that kinda neat stuff ... not too much. "Most folk" leap to conclusions based on experience or previous events. Your back issues of Beano probably mention the Oklahoma City bombing of '95 (I think) after which everyone concluded that it was a muslim terrorist act. It wasn't. But Beano from about two years earlier no doubt broke the news of the bombing of The World Trade Center. So, most folks can be forgiven for making that mistake. In short, your argument is a crock.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:24   #35
Senior Member+
 
Accyexplorer's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

I'm not arguing though E,it was more a statement...thanks for replying
__________________
Taking pics of some of the places you see is DANGEROUS . I do not condone or encourage breaking the law or unsafe behavior.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 02:42   #36
Senior Member+
 
Accyexplorer's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

No mincing of words from this women

Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 14:20   #37
God Member
 
Eric's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I'm not arguing though E,it was more a statement...thanks for replying
Of course it's an argument. You can't unilaterally decide it's a neutral statement just because you and the editorial staff at Beano have deemed it so. And if it's not neutral then there scope for agreement or dissent. Things like "E = MC squared" are neutral. Maybe "2 + 2 = 4." But once you get past that level you move to "argument." If you say that "Evolution is random mutation and selective retention", you are making more than a statement. Creationists the world over will see it as the opening of an argument. And when someone states something like "Niggers are stupid, and all they think about is watermelon, fried chicken, basketball and sex," he/she has gone way past statement, and is even stretching the definition of "opinion." If you wish to state that there is a double standard out there, one based on uninformed bias and/or Islamophobia, then do so. Don't squat behind "most folk" or "they say" and other assorted bs.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 15:31   #38
Senior Member+
 
Accyexplorer's Avatar
 

Re: Syriza ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Of course it's an argument. You can't unilaterally decide it's a neutral statement just because you and the editorial staff at Beano have deemed it so. And if it's not neutral then there scope for agreement or dissent. Things like "E = MC squared" are neutral. Maybe "2 + 2 = 4." But once you get past that level you move to "argument." If you say that "Evolution is random mutation and selective retention", you are making more than a statement. Creationists the world over will see it as the opening of an argument. And when someone states something like "Niggers are stupid, and all they think about is watermelon, fried chicken, basketball and sex," he/she has gone way past statement, and is even stretching the definition of "opinion." If you wish to state that there is a double standard out there, one based on uninformed bias and/or Islamophobia, then do so. Don't squat behind "most folk" or "they say" and other assorted bs.
Believe what you will E,like most my comments on this site, my comment was perfunctory.

The British BSing Corporation otherwise known as the BBC showed a article about the Chapel Hill Shooting and immediately cut it off to show propaganda about ISIS...or to put it bluntly 'the (Islamophobic) mainstream media are bias'.

This picture taken from last weeks beano shows it best
image.jpg
__________________
Taking pics of some of the places you see is DANGEROUS . I do not condone or encourage breaking the law or unsafe behavior.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 12-02-2015 at 15:37.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.22764 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1