Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2004, 22:01   #16
I am Band

Re: Syrup versus Treacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
Treacle and syrup are both far too sweet - and messy!
Never! You've already been told... Maple syrup, vanilla ice-cream & pancakes. Mmm baby... d elicious.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2004, 22:31   #17
Resident Waffler

They are messy tho. You can't help dribbling some down the outside of the tin when you try to get a spoonful out.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2004, 22:35   #18
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I know they're messy, but anything dribbled down the side of the tin gets licked off. Used to love treacle butties, but as Janet posted earlier, you can't beat a HP Sauce butty..

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 08:19   #19

Grego and Lettie that is disgusting - treacle buttys, buttys.....with treacle?

When I was a kid my grandma used to make me syrup buttys when I called round. One day when she was out I thought I'd give treacle buttys a go (as they both came from Tate&Lyle I thought they would be ok)....so I made some myself. Minging.....totally minging. It ranks up there with my 'Milk Icecubes' in the juvenile culinary disaster stakes.

Still, each to their own!
Old 01-07-2004, 09:57   #20
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Treacle Butties must be an acquired taste Ceejache... Have tried the milk ice cube thing and have to say not very nice!!! Strongbow ice cubes are good.... try em.
Current fave has to be cheese and HP Sauce butties, it's like Branston, but without lumps. I know that you can now buy Branston without chunks, but why bother when HP tastes the same and it's already in the cupboard....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:25   #21
Resident Waffler

I tried milk ice cubes too. They came out with needle shaped crystals in and were nothing like milk flavoured which was a big disappointment.

Treacle on a butty is nothing like syrup on a butty but I remember liking both.

No I don't see the point of Branston without the chunks either and I do like a cheese slice and sauce butty.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:55   #22

I wa strying all sorts of ice cubes at the time - orange, blackcurrant etc so yes I was disappointed with milk - your right about the needle shaped strands!

Strange how tastes change over time - as a youngster I hated cheese and olives, now I love 'em!
Old 01-07-2004, 12:03   #23
mez
God Member

wots wrong with tracle butties, i still have a toast crust with treacle on, got to be a crust then you dont loose too much, i also love syrup on toast too, plus they do make good parkins ////

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..