Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2017, 12:52   #16

Re: Take care if you use Amazon

I'm glad to hear you have now received most of your money back. You may have missed this news story which illustrates another possible hazard particularly if (grand)children are around.
http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/7/142...rder-dollhouse
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2017, 14:50   #17
Beacon of light

My mum does something similar Retlaw.
As for getting something that someone has returned, well I am pretty sure they are not allowed to do that.
Most things you buy will tell you whether it is new and in original packaging.
I have, in the past bought 'open box' items. These are items which have been returned, but they have been checked to ensure they are working and in good condition.
These open box items are often much cheaper and of good quality, they offer good value and I haven't ever had a problem with them.
Selling rules relating to stuff you buy on the Internet are different too...you have longer to decide whether it is what you actually want.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 14:53   #18
Beacon of light

Shopping online: what are my rights? | money.co.uk

Here is a link to some information. I hope it might be useful.
Old 15-01-2017, 19:26   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My mum does something similar Retlaw.
As for getting something that someone has returned, well I am pretty sure they are not allowed to do that.
Most things you buy will tell you whether it is new and in original packaging.
I have, in the past bought 'open box' items. These are items which have been returned, but they have been checked to ensure they are working and in good condition.
These open box items are often much cheaper and of good quality, they offer good value and I haven't ever had a problem with them.
Selling rules relating to stuff you buy on the Internet are different too...you have longer to decide whether it is what you actually want.
My post has vanished Margaret, and I think I know why, when I read it a word had been replace with those little stars, I got banned once for them dammed things, but I din't put them there, the program did. I appreciate what you say, about opened & suposedly unopend items, but years ago argos was caught doing just that, repackaging dud stuff, less bother than sending it back to the supplier, I've never seen any open box stuff on sale, but then I've got to the stage where it takes me all my time to get out of bed these days, that bloody thing I sleepin had a real hold, it wur turned 12 before I managed to ged out of it, an Imelda had been shouting since 11.
How is your mum these days, Imelda mentioned your mum the other day, they used to work together years an years ago.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 19:36   #20
Beacon of light

She is so so.
Sharp as a tack mentally, but her legs don't go so well.
Old 15-01-2017, 20:50   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
My post has vanished Margaret, and I think I know why, when I read it a word had been replace with those little stars, I got banned once for them dammed things, but I din't put them there, the program did.
The forum automatically tries to replace swear words with *'s. If you follow the no swearing rule your posts won't have *'s in them
Old 15-01-2017, 21:08   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
She is so so.
Sharp as a tack mentally, but her legs don't go so well.
Glad she's not to bad Margaret, my legs are well past their sell by date, teks me all me time to shuffle tut street corner now adays, good job theres a lift int library, and then I ev to use two canes tu ged tu id,
tell thi mam we've been axin ow she is.
Old 15-01-2017, 21:10   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
The forum automatically tries to replace swear words with *'s. If you follow the no swearing rule your posts won't have *'s in them
it also does it with odd words that are in the dictionary, those aint swearing surely or they wouldn't be in.
Old 15-01-2017, 21:20   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it also does it with odd words that are in the dictionary, those aint swearing surely or they wouldn't be in.
Lots of swear words are in the dictionary, the swear filter must have been installed by Roy and had it's words checked and changed by Mick.

If you saw the post you will have known which word it was
Old 15-01-2017, 22:03   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Lots of swear words are in the dictionary, the swear filter must have been installed by Roy and had it's words checked and changed by Mick.

If you saw the post you will have known which word it was
Bloomin eck Neil ids 2017, not 1900rd, I could si thi point if them french words describing female organs were used, ev sum pity ids oer 10 years sin a red them rules, an Mick never towd me off, id teks me all mi time tu remember wod day id is, mi nuts full o mens names an their service numbers, them lads a con remember ave lived wi um muast o my life, thur like family tu me.
Old 16-01-2017, 17:18   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Bloomin eck Neil ids 2017, not 1900rd, I could si thi point if them french words describing female organs were used, ev sum pity ids oer 10 years sin a red them rules, an Mick never towd me off, id teks me all mi time tu remember wod day id is, mi nuts full o mens names an their service numbers, them lads a con remember ave lived wi um muast o my life, thur like family tu me.
I didn't make the rules, they were in place before I was a moderator. I do agree with them though. We have a no swearing policy on this forum and always have. There are other places that don't care what you write, if you're not happy with the rules on here feel free not to post.
Less likes this.
Old 16-01-2017, 19:07   #27
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
I didn't make the rules, they were in place before I was a moderator. I do agree with them though. We have a no swearing policy on this forum and always have. There are other places that don't care what you write, if you're not happy with the rules on here feel free not to post.
Be careful, or you'll force yourself into a corner where you will have to insist he uses English instead of this imitation Lanc's that he keeps mis-spelling.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..