Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2004, 18:14   #1

tattoo's

what are you views on tattoo's?
do you agree with them or not?
if you have one what have you got and where is it?
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2004, 18:43   #2
Resting in Peace

i got 1 when i was 18 in Preston it says ANNE in a heart but we have now been married 31 years the place was could mick fizz
would NOT recommend then though
some look really good but they cost
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 18:57   #3

i have a small heart with georgia (my daughter) on my hip.
Old 01-02-2004, 19:39   #4
Resting In Peace

I think tattoos are fine if they are good ones, not those scratchy ones done with indian ink and a needle, I have four, 2 butterflies a flower and an eagle on both forearms, personally I would not have my hands tattooed but that is my choice as a lot of people do have their hands done. Tattoes are a personal choice that need a lot of thought before making the decision to go ahead.
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 21:05   #5

Tatt's are great but it's easy to go overboard......ive had a few over the years but like Ernie i would agree that there's nowt looks worse than the love and hate and all the other garbage that you see on some folk....it's just my opinion.

Be warned.......i have had 8 tatt's done, all when i was in my youth....the last one landed me in Rossendale General with a dose of HepB!....was kept isolated and in bed for 3 weeks, all in all it put me out of action for a few months.

The tattoo studio should be spotless, a clean needle for every punter should not be an issue....

My first tatt i had done at Dave Heaps at Bury, cost £4.50 .....my last was at a place that i will not name but it was just of the Promenade at Blackpool, he did a great job for £80.00 but was it worth all the agg that came with it? I dont think so.

B.
Old 01-02-2004, 21:12   #6

i had mine done a few months ago at tattoo in accy he did a good job and the pain wernt to bad.
i went the other day to get another but apparently he has closed. does anyone know if hes moved somewhere else?
Old 01-02-2004, 21:20   #7

There's a new tattoo studio opened on blackburn road, next to the new Larger Monkey shop that used to be cellar5, dont know if its the same guy tho.

B.
Old 01-02-2004, 22:02   #8
Resting in Peace

yep think its the same one
Old 01-02-2004, 22:03   #9
Resting in Peace

By the way wife has a red rose on her thigh looks great
Old 02-02-2004, 01:47   #10

I don't mind little ones in discrete places. I think over the last 10 years we've all gone tattoo crazy, specially us females, I often wonder what will happen in 50 years time when all these people are a lot older and more wrinkly!
littlemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:18   #11

i dont agree with huge tattoos all over but thats my opinion.
i agree with littlemo small ones in discrete place are ok
a lot of people do go overboard
Old 02-02-2004, 09:38   #12
Senior Member+

No thanks if you were meant to have pictures on your body you would be born with them
Old 02-02-2004, 11:32   #13
Senior Member+

I personally have never felt the need or want of a tattoo, but have nothing against folk who do have them. It's all down to personal choice.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:32   #14
God Member

Mind you, a tattoo ain't as bad as a 4" bolt rammed through yer nostrils and a 2" one through yer highbrow, complete with a dozen safety pins sticking through your left ear lob.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 11:35   #15
Senior Member+

I felt enough pain when having my ears pierced, could'nt have anything else done. Too soft.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..