Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 08:40   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: taxi rip off

I have never had an issue with Arrow, always arrive very quickly, and never been overcharged (well, maybe some taxi firms may have charged less).

Mez and us girls,however, did have an issue the weekend before Christmas with Max Cabs.

It was the Sunday when it snowed. Mez had arranged a mini bus to collect us from what was Gene's shop on Abbey Street at 11.00 a.m. to take us to Blackpool.

When no sign at 11.15 Mez rang, seems the driver that was supposed to be taking us refuses to drive in the snow ! Hahaha, you can imagine what Mez said. After much liaison and many mobile 'phone calls later, they eventually got a driver out of bed who had only gone to bed at 6.a.m.

Was about an hour later when he arrived. I was alright, Jack, waited in my brother's warm car ... he had given me a lift down there. Couldn't get angry at the driver though, wasn't his fault, and he was very good and helpful with luggage, etc.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44   #17
Senior Member+

Is it too much to hope for someone from or connected with Arrow Taxis to come on here and explain what happened?

It would be in their interests to do so, because ARROW TAXIS are being deleted from a lot of people's lists of taxis to use.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:14   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Never been charged more, due to the weather being bad.

Took a cab yesterday afternoon.

Talked to the driver about the forecast snow.

He said he was expecting it to be a very quiet night, as lots of people would decide not to venture out.

Always get Max Cabs Now.

Very cheap, reliable, and now they know me, always go out of their way to be helpful if I'm not having a good day. Even carrying my shopping into my house, on occasion.

I'd definitely report the driver from Arrow.
I always used Hyndburn Cars, a couple of drivers are members on here, they never let me down and as for increasing fares in bad weather, no chance, I would not not only report them to the council licencing authority I'd be airing my views with the local press too, people need to know about these rip of merchants
Old 05-02-2012, 09:19   #19
Resting in Peace

No doubt, it was pretty bad what happened to your niece, Davemac ...has she actually been back to Arrow at their office to complain and give them an opportunity to put things right, etc. ?
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21   #20
Beacon of light

I hate using taxis, and only do so very rarely. When I am forced to use taxi transport I use Hyndburn Taxis.........for me they are the best.
Ma only uses Hyndburn taxis, because they are the only company who will actually drive up Rileys Hill....and anything less than that would be useless for Ma.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:22   #21
Beacon of light

I would be either ringing Arrow or visiting them to find out what happened and also telling them that they were to be reported to the Licencing Dept of HBC.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:24   #22

Definitely need reporting to the council & the press, shouldn't be allowed to get away with this, robbing barstewards.
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:56   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
...I wonder what he would have done if he had reached the destination and then quibbled - would he if have gone back to the start of the journey...
Once the price is arranged over the phone, it's a verbal contract. There should be no need to verify the price with the driver.

If the driver charges more when you get to your destination, you simply state that the driver's employer quoted the price and pay that amount.

If they state that the taxi firm is not their employer, they are just the driver's agent, then inform them that your contract is with the taxi rank, not the driver. If he has a problem with the amount they quote, it's between the two of them - nothing to do with the customer.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:57   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
Report them to the council Dave and go to the Telegraph
I have emailed the taxi licencing section with my complaint, I will not get a reply until monday
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I have emailed the taxi licencing section with my complaint, I will not get a reply until monday
Still not clear whether you have complained to Arrow themselves, though ?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:10   #26
Full Member+

I always use Legend , never had a problem, normal price New Years Eve too.

Max cabs will be receiving a complaint from me if they carry on pipping a neighbours at 11.30 pm instead of knocking at the door.most annoying when your in bed.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:14   #27
Senior Member+

A lot of taxi drivers aretoo lazy to get of their bums to knock on doors. They prefer to sit in their warm car and pip.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:25   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Still not clear whether you have complained to Arrow themselves, though ?
No, havent contacted Arrow, after the attitude of the driver I did not want to engage with them any further.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:31   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
No, havent contacted Arrow, after the attitude of the driver I did not want to engage with them any further.
Would only seem fair to me; they may fall over themselves to put the matter right (or not). If people don't complain direct to a company, how can they know that their service is failing ?
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08   #30

I always use Arrow Taxis and have no complaints with them at all, and find the drivers polite and obliging.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..