Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2007, 15:23   #1

Teen clash in race brawl!

I was interested to read in this weeks Observer that there had indeed been trouble in early February,in the Milnshaw Park area.In a posting around that time I had said that there was an undercurrent of violence brewing.
It also comes as an interest that the lad who was up before the beak is one of a little group who like referring to white people as 'White niggers'
It's nice to known he has received his come uppance,let's hope he learns to live and let live,whilst out with his bin bag!
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2007, 16:12   #2
God Member

Re: Teen clash in race brawl!

Suprised this hasn't received more comment giving it's historical nature
Old 30-03-2007, 16:19   #3

Is that historical or hysterical?
Merely commenting to round the earlier thread off.
Old 30-03-2007, 16:26   #4
God Member

Historical.... the authorities have actually realised that racism is most definateley a 2 way thing.
Old 30-03-2007, 18:06   #5

I agree wholeheartedly,took them a while though.
Old 31-03-2007, 11:25   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Historical.... the authorities have actually realised that racism is most definateley a 2 way thing.
Problem is now they will need a shrink to get over the shock at learning and admitting what the rest of us have known for years. The way it panned out shows that the police are learning as well and stepping in befor too much harm is done.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 12:40   #7
Resting in peace

Last Saturday afternoon 24th/3/07 there was a near riot on Paradise St near the New Era youth club, this was between rival factions of the Asian community, shortly after the youths had started fighting 'the cavalry' arrived a convoy of taxi cabs. On the same night a fight broke out between White and Asian youths at the fairground, the funfair staff had earlier ejected several rowdy elements, nothing has been reported in the news papers, and the police attended both incidents in numbers. Why are these incident kept quiet, I have waited a week before raising the subject to see if it would be reported, to no avail. This is the first time since the funfair has been held here has there been a problem, and we have never had, or have any objection to it being sited here.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 31-03-2007 at 12:44.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 14:08   #8

Yes,I have seen similar conflicts between Asian groups and Asian and white groups in the forementioned areas.
The fact that the taxi waiting areas are in the Church Street area doesn't help.
Mobile phones are used to summon older relative and trouble escalates. As far as the New Era goes,it's very strange, various groups use the centre as seperate and mixed groups and upto date very little racial agrevation has taken place.
Perhaps this is where the answer lies; get them off the streets in a controlled environment,away from peer pressure and hopefully teach them to co-exisist.
As for the non reporting of the events in the media,well I am not surprised it could cause tit for tat retaliations.
Old 31-03-2007, 14:27   #9
Resting in peace

I do not think the New Era had anything to do with the trouble Lampman, save being a geographical reference point to the fighting, the incident started and worked it's way down the street, the police attended with a van, car and aprox 6-8 officers.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 31-03-2007 at 14:29.
Old 31-03-2007, 15:04   #10

Yes I agree Ianto, its just an accident of location so when the new Health Centre opens casualties will be able to get quick tratment after their aggro!
Old 31-03-2007, 15:11   #11
God Member

It's funny Lampman, I've been waiting for this to go public myself. I heard of a clash about four weeks ago at least and wondered when it would be reported.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 15:26   #12

I can never really understood the media's reluctance to report racial issues.
If there was any other sort of crime going on it would be reported.
Newspaper Editors would never hide the fact that there was a serial mugger on the loose or the like ,but add the racial overtones and stum!
Whatever happened to freedom of the Press?
Old 31-03-2007, 16:20   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman View Post
I can never really understood the media's reluctance to report racial issues.
If there was any other sort of crime going on it would be reported.
Newspaper Editors would never hide the fact that there was a serial mugger on the loose or the like ,but add the racial overtones and stum!
Whatever happened to freedom of the Press?
It makes one wonder. The local press seem to want to ensure that any story relating to members of the Asian Community is first given approval by 'community leaders'. Quite why, I know not.

Incidentally, why is it that every time the phrase 'community leader' rears it's head, one gets the image of a member of the Asian community. Why not the local head of the Rotarians for example?. Or a senior member of Help the Aged? Why does it have to be be the senior member of some Asian community organsiation?. Surely there ought to be some diversification such that if community leaders are consulted then then the interests of a broad range of the community are represented. If the article is not deemed to be in the public interest, then at least such an outcome would have had a sense of balance rather than serving the interests of one group of society.
gondola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2007, 16:42   #14

Yes gondola,I have pondered this in the past.Why indeed Community leaders ,are of every shape size and yes colour so why not a cross section of opinion?

Partioning the community in the way that we do is wrong, divisive and ultimately very very dangerous........
See my previous thread concerning the BNP's aspirations in Hyndburn.

Incidentally as the leader of the fat bald headed ******'s association I demand my opinions are actively canvassed.
Old 01-04-2007, 00:23   #15
Resting in peace

Quote:
Lampman, Partioning the community in the way that we do is wrong, divisive and ultimately very very dangerous........
See my previous thread concerning the BNP's aspirations in Hyndburn.
, I do not think that anyone seeks to divide the community Lampman, only the people that seek to be devided, and do not wish to integrate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..