Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2008, 18:38   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Teenage Girl 'Critical' After Knife Attack

14-year-old girl is fighting for her life in hospital after a knife attack in Astley Park in chorley Lancashire......................

Girl, 14, Critical After Knife Attack In Chorley, Lancashire |Sky News|UK News

my god my daughters 14...
Old 22-01-2008, 19:24   #2

Re: Teenage Girl 'Critical' After Knife Attack

Yep i saw this on the lunch time news..i hope the girl makes a good recovery and can lead as normal a life as possible..
Scary to think all she was doing was walking home..although i must say i walk my dogs and a couple of yrs ago i felt very safe walking in places where i hardly saw anyone.i dont now i feel ive to watch and take extra care whilst walking in isolated places..
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 19:30   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly_45 View Post
Yep i saw this on the lunch time news..i hope the girl makes a good recovery and can lead as normal a life as possible..
Scary to think all she was doing was walking home..although i must say i walk my dogs and a couple of yrs ago i felt very safe walking in places where i hardly saw anyone.i dont now i feel ive to watch and take extra care whilst walking in isolated places..
Its funny, I got attacked a year or so back and I was on a busy street where plenty of people could've stopped and helped me. I feel much safer in isolated places, as the chances of someone sitting and waiting in the cold is much less likely to occur than a random street attack, particularly in areas at night with pubs near by.

I think the attacks or more likely to occur by younger people just walking by on a street aswell, particularly with alcohol abuse that goes on and gang cultures growing rather than walking your dog somewhere relatively quiet. Obviously everyone should be cautious whenever they are out alone at night in any place, but like I said, I think the main risk is near areas where larger groups of people congregate like near pubs and youth congregation areas, for an example, rhyddings street memorial which regularly has a group of teens sat around who look intimidating.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 20:30   #4

Well i will beg to differ..this young girl was walking through a deserted park when she was attacked.although there where houses nearby noone seems to have heard anything..i still think that anyone should be able to walk anywhere they like without the risk of being attacked and more so in the manor this girl was..a frenzied knife attack is something no one should be a victim off.i hope they catch the person responsible asap..

Sorry to hear of your attack blazey and i hope you are now full recovered
Polly_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2008, 20:55   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Its funny, I got attacked a year or so back and I was on a busy street where plenty of people could've stopped and helped me. I feel much safer in isolated places, as the chances of someone sitting and waiting in the cold is much less likely to occur than a random street attack, particularly in areas at night with pubs near by.

I think the attacks or more likely to occur by younger people just walking by on a street aswell, particularly with alcohol abuse that goes on and gang cultures growing rather than walking your dog somewhere relatively quiet. Obviously everyone should be cautious whenever they are out alone at night in any place, but like I said, I think the main risk is near areas where larger groups of people congregate like near pubs and youth congregation areas, for an example, rhyddings street memorial which regularly has a group of teens sat around who look intimidating.

u got attacked by who if u dont mind me askin
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 01:10   #6
God Member

I get the drift Blazey...sad to say ,but I'd bet if you are walking a staff bulldog or Rottwielier you would have no problems!..just a thought
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 05:16   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
u got attacked by who if u dont mind me askin
A group of chav girls, why do you ask?

Jumped me on my way home from the shop. They'd followed me all the way down shouting abuse and INTO the shop, the shop keeper watched me as far up as the church on bottom of new lane. The jumped me a block away from my house, pinned me down while the FAT one punched me over and over in the face.

I am a quiet person, I didn't do anything to provoke them, which I guess angered them more and caused me more problems than it was worth.

In my bitter twisted moment of anger I smeared my blood down the main girls front door, as her parents didnt answer the door, and got my revenge in the end. Wont say anymore though, her dads a regular in an ossy pub and may associate with some of you.

She'd done the same thing in a park though to another girl in my year, another quiet girl who wouldn't say boo to a goose. They're nothing but bullies.
Old 23-01-2008, 06:46   #8
Resident Waffler

I wonder if it's the same person who attacked my daughter's friend in broad daylight a few days ago? (your one I mean Blazey, not the Chorley one)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 06:49   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I wonder if it's the same person who attacked my daughter's friend in broad daylight a few days ago? (your one I mean Blazey, not the Chorley one)
It wouldn't surprise me, but if she was only attacked by one girl then not very likely. This girl moves in groups of people, she wouldnt attack someone by herself.

What area did it happen if you dont mind me asking? Description of the girl?
Old 23-01-2008, 06:52   #10
Resident Waffler

She wasn't alone and this was in Peel Street Accrington.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 07:01   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
She wasn't alone and this was in Peel Street Accrington.
I guess it is possible. The girl is a year younger than me. Did you daughter have any idea who she was or any reason for being attacked?

Its horrible to have it happen to you, but the worse thing I got out of the experience was the fact that nobody could be bothered to stop, not even when I was just led there afterwards, actually ON the road as I was crossing the junction where stanley street meets new lane when they grabbed me.

Wonder how long I'd have been left there dead if any of those blows had been fatal. Fortunately once i'd wiped up all the blood from my face I didnt suffer any breaks or bruises, which is a miracle really!
Old 23-01-2008, 08:03   #12
JFT96

According to the BBC website this morning they are holding a 21 year old Man. Bas***d, if it is him hope he rots for it. I grew up in Euxton, just behind Astley Village and walked home from school everyday through the park and village, it was a safer place then and that was only 20 odd years ago.
You know, I have been in Casablanca for a few weeks now and this place appears to be safer than home!!! It is a dammed site dirtier though
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2008, 09:19   #13
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i remember that FAT girl...always used to have food slopped down the front of her uniform......ewww...she was a nasty dirty little sod!
Old 23-01-2008, 09:22   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
i remember that FAT girl...always used to have food slopped down the front of her uniform......ewww...she was a nasty dirty little sod!
I don't know what happened to her to be honest, she got pregnant whilst she was at school and had an abortion, and that came from the fatties mouth, not gossip, so maybe she got up the duff again and moved into her very own council owned flat/house.

Cant imagine she's doing very much with herself now.
Old 23-01-2008, 09:25   #15
God Member

if someone is going to attack someone with a knife they will do it regardless of where it is or when, if they have that much anger in them and have there mind set on doing it then they will do it...i'm in no way condoning this kind of behaviour but i'm merely pointing out that if they are in that frame of mind then nothing will stop them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..