Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2005, 18:06   #31
God Member

Re: Teenagers smoking

Iam suprised they are not outside with the kids

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2005, 19:22   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Iam suprised they are not outside with the kids
Probably more likley to be in the bog snorting something to get them through the day.
Old 28-09-2005, 19:40   #33

someone mentioned how it used to be a lot stricter at moorhead way back when, does anyone know if they still make you stand when another teacher enters the classroom?

i remember when i was "asked to leave moorhead", and went to hollins and the first time this happened i looked a right pratt when i was the only one that stood up!
Old 28-09-2005, 19:42   #34
God Member

I think its terrible that nothing is done to stop them these days, though realistically what can they do. I dont smoke now and haven't done for years but I did on and off at school and was caught twice, the fact that I'd been caught didn't bother me at all, fags were conviscated, got lines once and litter picking on the second occasion and that was it. I hate seeing teenagers smoke now, they think the're cool or hard but really I just think its sad.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2005, 19:47   #35
God Member

It is sad grego and as the saying goes "if only we could put old head on young shoulders"
Old 28-09-2005, 19:51   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grego
I think its terrible that nothing is done to stop them these days, though realistically what can they do. I dont smoke now and haven't done for years but I did on and off at school and was caught twice, the fact that I'd been caught didn't bother me at all, fags were conviscated, got lines once and litter picking on the second occasion and that was it. I hate seeing teenagers smoke now, they think the're cool or hard but really I just think its sad.
Ah those were the days Jo detention litter pickin and all for a crafty drag.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 03:07   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
As a smoker myself I think that the only way to encourage children who have taken up the habit to stop is to put them in a warm, unventilated room and not to let them out until they have smoked their way through several packets of Capstan Full Strength, one after the other, until they can no longer whine about the violation of their human rights because they are too busy vomiting! Sometimes you have to be cruel to kind.
Well my mum did that to me when I was 14 only it was NO 6s if I remember right, it didn't work and I smoked for another 20yrs but now I find it the most repulsive thing in the world, the smell, the taste and all them tab ends in ashtrays, she would have been very proud to know her punishment eventualy worked.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 13:45   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
It is sad grego and as the saying goes "if only we could put old head on young shoulders"
Most people want a young head on their old shoulders.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2005, 13:54   #39
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzalam
someone mentioned how it used to be a lot stricter at moorhead way back when, does anyone know if they still make you stand when another teacher enters the classroom?

i remember when i was "asked to leave moorhead", and went to hollins and the first time this happened i looked a right pratt when i was the only one that stood up!
they didnt make you stand when i went there and i left 5 year ago, kids used to buy there ciggies for 20p a fag, they used to either pinch them of there parents or buy them the night before like most do nowadays. kids around the area i live now, there is one certain 6 year old yes 6 year old who stands outside the corner shop with his friends who are about 14 maybe 15 and ask every single person walking into the shop if they would buy fags for them and surprising ebough it always seems to be the elder teenagers and young twentie year olds that actually buy them for the kids.
if kids can get away with buying booze under 18 they can sure enough get away with buying cigarettes under 16.
my parents threatend me that if i ever touched a fag they would make me smoke a whole packet till i was sick, ive still never touched one to this day.
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..