Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2015, 18:32   #1
Senior Member+

Teeth!

Hello people of Accrington Web!

This isn't the nicest thread of the year but you could be a big help!
There's no where I could ask the question and if I could get answer from a dentist or someone who knows that would be great!

For the past 2/3 days I have had an abscess above my tooth and have plans to see the dentist tomorrow but after reading things on the internet i'm getting quite worried. Do you think I will be alright to leave it till tomorrow to get help or do you think I should go and find an emergency dentist as 3 days now is quite a lot? The swelling has only just started today but like I said reading things on the internet has got me worried tonight!

Random thread of the year but thanks for any help!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2015, 20:54   #2
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Teeth!

You could call NHS 111 and ask them if you are unsure. Better than asking us muppets on here

NHS 111 - NHS emergency and urgent care services - NHS Choices
Old 07-01-2015, 20:59   #3
Full Member+

My dentist always has a couple of slots vacant for emergencies so something like you have he would see straight away. Hope you get it sorted soon. In the meantime I suggest you keep swilling your mouth out with salt in tepid water.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 21:00   #4
Full Member+

Make sure the water has boiled first ofcourse,
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 14:20   #5
Full Member+

hope your feeling better and your were able to get seen
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 14:33   #6

When I've had tooth abscesses in the past, the dentist always prescribed antibiotics to clear the infection before he would do any treatment.
Jb x

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 14:40   #7
Senior Member+

There is a dentist in Warner St with a notice outside saying new patients welcome.
Old 09-01-2015, 16:32   #8
Senior Member+

Last time I went to my dentist they were taking new NHS patients. That was December... Baxenden dental... across from the pub, close to the pharmacy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..