Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2007, 08:47   #1
Senior Member+

Cool Tesco in Accrington

Has anyone heard about the new Tesco in Accrington?
If so does anyone know where is gonna be?
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-10-2007, 09:04   #2
God Member

Re: Tesco in Accrington

Near the railway station, I think on the site that used to be the old Skills centre.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 09:18   #3
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ore-33947.html
Old 19-10-2007, 09:23   #4
Senior Member+

thanks lancsdave, i was looking for a thread that mentioned it before but seems i didnt look well enough
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 19:21   #5
Senior Member+

like I said in the original thread - it brings nearly 450 jobs to the town - not a bad thing is it? and it will/may also bring folk from out of town to accrington to shop..so you may have the scenario where the markets actually see more customers due to out of town tesco shoppers going for a wander round and the people who use the market now and always have done will no doubt still use it when/if tesco is there...
you hear people say that there are no decent jobs going and there are no decent shops in accrington - but when someone wants to build a shop here folk complain and dont want it ....doesnt make sense..
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 05:30   #6
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Has anyone heard about the new Tesco in Accrington?
If so does anyone know where is gonna be?
tesco will be built on eagle street dont know why as it will kill off the small traders in accy shame as the rich get richer and you know the rest see ya derek.
dezza-mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 08:58   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
like I said in the original thread - it brings nearly 450 jobs to the town - not a bad thing is it? and it will/may also bring folk from out of town to accrington to shop..so you may have the scenario where the markets actually see more customers due to out of town tesco shoppers going for a wander round and the people who use the market now and always have done will no doubt still use it when/if tesco is there...
you hear people say that there are no decent jobs going and there are no decent shops in accrington - but when someone wants to build a shop here folk complain and dont want it ....doesnt make sense..
I *highly* doubt people will go and do all their shopping at Tesco then go and wander round the market. It will end up being the nail in the coffin, but if thats what people want, thats what people want.
Old 20-10-2007, 09:19   #8
God Member

cyfr i reckon people would look round the market first, like i do when i go to morrisons.....i look round the shops first then do my shopping and get a taxi home
Old 20-10-2007, 14:35   #9
Resident Waffler

When people say they want decent shops in Accy I don't think Tesco was what they had in mind.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 14:55   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
cyfr i reckon people would look round the market first, like i do when i go to morrisons.....i look round the shops first then do my shopping and get a taxi home
Think Flashy could be right on this one, most people look round the market before doing the supermarket shop.
Old 22-10-2007, 15:38   #11
Resting in Peace

I know layout of our market is not ideal ( far from it ) however you can still buy good local, fresh produce there...
these day's a lot of people like to see meat wrapped up in a plastic tray and with a price on, rather than buy fresh...
Salad in bags... veg all washed and even cut up for you: I think we should all use our market where we can... or in a few year there will not be one:
Trade is slow on the markets... and no they are not like they used to be ( why because people don't use them) and its such a shame...
I think its good we have new stores and shops opening...anything that may bring new blood into the town: plus why should Asda have all the trade: there's that's my bit said:
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 11:53   #12

I heard a rumour that should permission go ahead for the Tesco superstore, the Bus Station will be relocated there in the development, thus dropping people off at Tesco's doorstep!
SimonGudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..