Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2014, 07:24   #91
Beacon of light

Re: Testing the limits.

Over the years I have become distrustful of Muslims in the same way I distrust politicians....through experience of life....and this in spite of having worked for the Muslim community, and alongside Muslim doctors.
We never saw as many women walking around in black shrouds....and it is not a requirement of Islam it is an affected cultural thing.
Who knows whether the person in this garb is a woman...or maybe a gun toting man with evil in his heart and murder on his mind.

The PC culture has stopped many people from saying what they really feel but it doesn't stop their thoughts.
I have always been honest in what I post....I can be no other way. These are my own opinions...for what they are worth.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-10-2014, 08:49   #92
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
How many are there writing stuff on Facebook? Not as many as are resident in this country...the country that educates them, looks after their health and well being......pays benefits to those who are not employed.......and still they take arms against us.
As I said previously, empty words.......lip service, a bit like the politicos....what they think we want to hear.
Actions cut it words do not.
And I cannot read Facebook, I do not have an account.....do not want an account, will not get an account until hell freezes over.
You should be able to open that link Margaret, I too have a jaundiced aversion to FB but I do like to garner info from as many sources as possible. Your opinions even.
And not to be seen as a "volte face" aka AccyExplorer by me, I do know where you are coming from to some degree.
What chance is there for us when more attention and effort is put into voting for the hapless wannabe's on the X-factor or Strictly than for the important issues of the day?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 14:22   #93
Beacon of light

I can open the link, but I won't have anything to do with Facebook...nothing, Nada Zilch.
I have not formed these opinions lightly........and I appreciate that you sort of get where I am coming from...and No, I do not see it as a U turn in anyway.
We all form our own opinions from our experiences of life...whatever those may be.

Yes, I agree with your comment on voting for X factor....but those who vote for that see it as more relevant in their lives.

There have been times in my life when, although I think I am politically aware...and I do seek to educate myself on things that I am unsure of, that for reasons of conscience I have not been able to vote...preferring to spoil my paper.
I am not apathetic....I take myself down to the polling station but cannot for the life of me award my cross to any of the people on the paper.
Margaret Pilkington is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..