Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Margaret Thatcher get a State Funeral
Yes , she deserves it 21 33.87%
No , she divided the country 14 22.58%
she should be burnt as a witch 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2008, 18:58   #166
God Member

Re: Thatcher to get State funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
No one leader is going to please every person in country, thats why we have an opposition party.

At least she had the balls required to run the country and not be dictated to by some sex pest in the states.
Agreed; but does this warrant a State Funeral? I think that if there is strong opposition from a significant part of the population she should not have one. I know that my mom would have cut off her hand before putting an X by the name of a tory; but I know she admired Winston Churchill and was all in favor of his having a State Funeral. And Churchill was popular throughout the old Dominions .... in Kingston we have a Churchill St., a Churchill Cr., Winston Churchill School, there is a town in Manitoba called Churchill, famous for its Polar Bears .... etc. I admit that Thatcher had some good qualities; and perhaps tough times require a tough leader; but a State Funeral?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2008, 20:09   #167

Deliberately didnt state what i voted. Churchill was in a class of his own, the Falklands can in no way be compared to a World War.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 12:35   #168
white rabbits

Churchill was in a league far superior ,,Its like downgrading him,,,,I for one wont be glued to the tele in tears for her/it,,, Like my family were for him
Old 24-07-2008, 16:45   #169
Give, give, give member

It's reported that the estimated cost will be in the region of £3 million pounds.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 16:58   #170
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It's reported that the estimated cost will be in the region of £3 million pounds.
Darling has already said he has no spare cash this year, so if she snuffs it before xmas they will have to freeze her - she won't know the difference, the cold hearted .......

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 17:07   #171
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Darling has already said he has no spare cash this year, so if she snuffs it before xmas they will have to freeze her - she won't know the difference, the cold hearted .......

...or they could privatise it, and sell shares.

Old 24-07-2008, 18:35   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...or they could privatise it, and sell shares.
Why wait ... burn her now, and privatise the event .... it will have a tv audience larger than that of the Olympics and World Cup combined. And the spin-off money from t-shirts, hats, etc. This could clear your country's national debt!
Old 24-07-2008, 19:38   #173
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Why wait ... burn her now, and privatise the event .... it will have a tv audience larger than that of the Olympics and World Cup combined. And the spin-off money from t-shirts, hats, etc. This could clear your country's national debt!
yeh get it on Sky Box Office, even i will pay Sky fer that.
Old 24-07-2008, 22:21   #174
God Member

Maybe we could use the opportunity for a general clean out. I mean, we have the fire going; lots of people around for the festivities; so, why not run it like a boxing card, with Maggie as the main event, with others making up the rest of the card. Gerry Springer comes to mind. The Toronto Maple Leafs. Mmmm could be quite a list.
Old 25-07-2008, 00:30   #175
Give, give, give member

It's also reported that if she dies whilst we're still at war, there might not be enough available soldiers for a full State funeral.

Would it not be more fitting for her coffin to be accompanied by some old coppers, in full riot gear?

Old 25-07-2008, 00:35   #176
Give, give, give member

...it could be a fitting tribute to the civil unrest, and riots, such as Brixton, Toxteth, Broadwater Farm, St. Paul's, and of course the poll tax riots, that her Premiership so inspired.

Old 25-07-2008, 00:56   #177
white rabbits

Ooh i hope she never reads this thread We might all be done for treason,,,BUT THEN SHE WAS THE BIGGEST TRAITOR SINCE GUY FORKES

Last edited by grannyclaret; 25-07-2008 at 00:59.
grannyclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 11:53   #178

Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the Queen at the top put, put Thatcher in the middle an burn the bloody lot, Then as the fire starts to dwindle we can refule it with Gordon Brown. As for getting asressted for treason bring it on.
Nori Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 11:54   #179
God Member

The Queen brings a lot to this country!!!
Old 25-07-2008, 12:23   #180

What dose the Queen bring into this country? every time I'v seen the the Qyueen on the news all she is doiong is either sat on her fat royle backside or waving to people that couldn't give two ***** about her.
Nori Brick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..