Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Margaret Thatcher get a State Funeral
Yes , she deserves it 21 33.87%
No , she divided the country 14 22.58%
she should be burnt as a witch 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2008, 19:12   #196
Give, give, give member

Re: Thatcher to get State funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The Union Flag that you refer to is the national flag of this country.

It does not celebrate anything.
Yes it does, the union of the various kingdoms that make up the United Kingdom.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2008, 19:15   #197
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes it does, the union of the various kingdoms that make up the United Kingdom.
You will have to wait now until the Google formulated diatribe is put together.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 19:48   #198
God Member

Quote:

Long live the revolution! Get rid of the monarchy!
You do realize you are technically guilty of treason , considering the fact that you are not a British CITIZEN but aBritish SUBJECT (a Subject of the Queen ), and you are advocating the overthrow of her Government .

steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 02:45   #199
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Thatcher to get State funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
At your age Jim...I think that's disgusting.
Still cherry picking people’s quotes to spin them into a different meaning I see. Tck! Tck!
Old 26-07-2008, 02:57   #200
God Member

Quote:
Name me one tourist who has come over here to see the royal family. Even if there were one or two did they actually get to see them? Did Liz or Philip open the front door to welcome them in for a cuppa? Not a chance!

It’s not the queen that people come to see but the various palaces and crown jewels and they will still be here after the monarchy is dumped.

So the monarchy does absolutely nothing for this country except sponge off the taxpayer.

Long live the revolution! Get rid of the monarchy!
Now you did ask for this Jambutty.. and maybe you are really.."one of us" after all..rebel at anything my son..HEY!!!

Last edited by Mancie; 26-07-2008 at 03:00.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 03:07   #201
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Just becuase people agree with others, desnt mean they are following the heard, its called a majority opinion...

A bloke that disagrees with every single opinion people speak about....thats called cantankerous
Just because an opinion is shared by the majority it doesn’t automatically make it right. Did you ever read the story of the king’s new clothes?

It goes something like this:
Two con artists persuaded the king to buy a brand new set of clothes, which were only visible to clever people. The people throughout the land heard about the king’s new clothes and lined the streets to see him parade on his splendid white hoarse. Not wishing to be thought of as stupid, they all agreed that the king’s new clothes were the finest in the land.

But one little boy, who had not heard about the king’s new clothes watched in horror as he saw the king sat upon his horse whilst stark naked. He tried to tell the other people but they just brushed him aside and called him stupid.

If your second sentence is referring to me, then you got that wrong too.
Old 26-07-2008, 03:13   #202
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A lot of people in Canada respect our Queen too ....
They are entitled to their opinion just as I am to mine.
Old 26-07-2008, 03:22   #203
God Member

Yeah ..and people started runnin around ..going ..we are all really confused and it's all gone balls up..and someone said.. hey.. we are all knackered..but the King said.. sort it out ..so a little kid said hey ..go and watcth the new Batman film.. and he did.. and it was sorted..
Old 26-07-2008, 03:22   #204
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
You do realize you are technically guilty of treason , considering the fact that you are not a British CITIZEN but aBritish SUBJECT (a Subject of the Queen ), and you are advocating the overthrow of her Government .

So hang me!

But before you do get your facts right. Calling for the monarchy to be abolished is not advocating to overthrow the government. The monarchy is not government.

One other point. I am not a subject of anyone let alone the female head of a dysfunctional family.
Old 26-07-2008, 03:26   #205
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Now you did ask for this Jambutty.. and maybe you are really.."one of us" after all..rebel at anything my son..HEY!!!
Better than being one of them.
Old 26-07-2008, 03:28   #206
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Yeah ..and people started runnin around ..going ..we are all really confused and it's all gone balls up..and someone said.. hey.. we are all knackered..but the King said.. sort it out ..so a little kid said hey ..go and watcth the new Batman film.. and he did.. and it was sorted..
Yeh! Right on man! Just keep taking the pills.
Old 26-07-2008, 03:30   #207
God Member

Quote:
Better than being one of them.
Well told..and that will be my sig from now.
Old 26-07-2008, 03:44   #208
Apprentice Geriatric

Funny little fellow.
Wears his sister’s clothes.
Don’t know what to call him
but we think he’s one of those.

I’m going back to bed. I have to get up late in the morning.
Old 26-07-2008, 05:30   #209
God Member

Quote:

One other point. I am not a subject of anyone let alone the female head of a dysfunctional family.
So when you joined the peacetime Royal Navy (of which you tell us 'ad nauseam' )during the days when we put Kenyan/Cypriot/Malay nationists in either concentration camps or shipped them off to exile, to whom did you take your oath of allegiance ? the Queen or the Country ? , think if you check things out you will find both you and following generations , including the young folks presently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan took an oath of allegiance to H.M. the Queen.

no offense intended to anyone who served either 'regular' or 'national service' during these conflicts , the British succss in Malaya compared to the US debacle in Vietnam is something still taught in military schools and colleges .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2008, 06:24   #210
God Member

Quote:
Just because an opinion is shared by the majority it doesn’t automatically make it right. Did you ever read the story of the king’s new clothes?

It goes something like this:
Two con artists persuaded the king to buy a brand new set of clothes, which were only visible to clever people. The people throughout the land heard about the king’s new clothes and lined the streets to see him parade on his splendid white hoarse. Not wishing to be thought of as stupid, they all agreed that the king’s new clothes were the finest in the land.

But one little boy, who had not heard about the king’s new clothes watched in horror as he saw the king sat upon his horse whilst stark naked. He tried to tell the other people but they just brushed him aside and called him stupid.

If your second sentence is referring to me, then you got that wrong too.

Makes as much sense as your original statement!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..