Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Margaret Thatcher get a State Funeral
Yes , she deserves it 21 33.87%
No , she divided the country 14 22.58%
she should be burnt as a witch 27 43.55%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2008, 15:02   #256
God Member

Re: Thatcher to get State funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
You're right, I won't. There are lots of people who disliked what she did, however they don't go around wishing her dead or making up ways of achieving it. They have more respect for human life than that.
She showed no respect for our human lives, so how can we care about hers?

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2008, 16:36   #257
God Member

Re: Thatcher to get State funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Baron View Post
I don't know if anyone has previously mentioned this, but the funeral is to cost around 3 million. I hate Thatcher all over again. What I would do with that money. How the country could benefit from that money.

NO STATE FUNERAL FOR THATCHER!
But it does provide opportunities for some enterprising capitalists to make some money ... T-Shirts commemorating the event; something tasteful: a picture of the old douche bag with a stake through her heart ... if the govt took a cut of the profits, they could more than recover the 3 million. Baseball caps .... hot dog stands .... toilet paper with a picture of Maggie on every sheet
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..