Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 14:19   #91
God Member

re: Thatchers eighties are back - London Riots

goverment minister: thanks for all the bravery of the police words are hollow these people put their life on the line and the goverment treats them like outcasts ie stealing their pensions and putting them on the dole
Old 07-08-2011, 14:23   #92
Beacon of light

If you carry a gun(in a city)...then(unless you are a police officer, authorised to do so) you are up to no good.

The way the community acted cannot be excused........and it is hard to understand too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 14:29   #93
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
goverment minister: thanks for all the bravery of the police words are hollow these people put their life on the line and the goverment treats them like outcasts ie stealing their pensions and putting them on the dole

Awww, Cmonstanley...you were asking where the government ministers were. First you want government input...then you don't. Make your mind up.
When one pops up in the media and thanks the police for their bravery you have to politicise it and make another dig at the government. Where were you when Tony Bliar(no not a mis-spell) was doing the Uraih Heep bit about the troops sent to fight an illegal war..........I don't recall many posts of yours decrying the shame of the government of the time.....ah yes......it was a Labour government......and therefore beyond criticism.
Old 07-08-2011, 14:31   #94
Beacon of light

Oh yes and the pension stealer in chief, who you quite forgot to mention was......let me think....ah yes, Gordon Brown!
Old 07-08-2011, 15:40   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
In areas of high youth unemployment and poor standards of education, youths form gangs in order to indulge in criminal activity, which will provide them with money to finance a lifestyle that they see others are enjoying.
Which means there would be no chance of um joining a youth club, youth clubs don't it for um
Old 07-08-2011, 16:03   #96
Resting in Peace

Majority of the scum that are rioting don't do work anyway, they belong to that religious sect that believes that no one should work on any day which has a "Y" in its spelling
Old 07-08-2011, 16:10   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Majority of the scum that are rioting don't do work anyway, they belong to that religious sect that believes that no one should work on any day which has a "Y" in its spelling
I find it strange that you have detailed info on the census results of Tottenham

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 16:52   #98
Give, give, give member

To compare last night's incident to the French Revolution, the rising up of the poor and downtrodden, is ludicrous.

I don't care if the statisticans quote that one in ten children in the U.K. live in extreme poverty.

That is also ludicrous.

We have the most generous social welfare sytem in the world.

No one in this country starves to death because of hunger, and it's an insult to those in the world who do die everyday, because of malnutrition caused by real poverty.

Last night was caused by opportunistic scum, and fanned by the live media coverage.

If people want to ape the lifestyle of P. Diddy, get off your arses and work for it.

Don't loot Argos, and then burn it down.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 16:54   #99
God Member

I'm a fairly tolerant person and not one for violence, but if anybody burnt down my home or business I wouldn't even think of understanding why they did it, I'd just want to rip them to bits and stick them on a spike at the entrance to the town
Old 07-08-2011, 17:25   #100
Give, give, give member

Full bellies in Tottenham tonight.

As the poor and starving feast on glasses and mobile phones.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 17:38   #101
Beacon of light

Apparently many of the looters have been caught on Cctv.......so they may be getting their collars felt.

I am perplexed why an opticians would be looted....after all, those glasses on display are just frames with ordinary glass in them.......Ok the frames might be saleable, but if someone turns up to an opticians somewhere else and offers a whole load of frames, wouldn't that be a bit suss? Or am I missing a trick here?
Old 07-08-2011, 17:52   #102
God Member

gum tree and ebay
Old 07-08-2011, 18:02   #103
Beacon of light

surely even gum tree and e bay buyers would be wary of an individual selling large quantities of spectacle frames with just the demo glass in them.......especially if it was from the vicinity of Tottenham.
Old 07-08-2011, 19:25   #104
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Margaret, I doubt that any of these looters were starving. I bet they all had mobile phones. They looted whatever they could because they could. These people do not respect the police or the law of the land...they take no responsibility for themselves, they expect the government to do it all for them........they think the country owes them a living with everything that the rest of society works hard for.
I watched the news this evening and behind the reporter on the scene at Tottenham there were five young people, all had a mobile phone clamped to their ear and grinning at the camera. They were probably telling their mates to watch the news on the TV they nicked from Curry's earlier.

My thought not fact.
Old 07-08-2011, 19:28   #105
God Member

its kicking off in enfield now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..