Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2013, 17:40   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

That's ASDA Price!!!!

So there I was shopping, (nothing does my head in more than that)

I needed some soup, went to that corner of the store, yippee, soups on offer, 50p per can.

I decided I'd buy 4 cans at that price, after all cans could last years.

So rather than individual, I grabbed for what is called a family pack 4 cans the same size as the individuals but multipack. Life has lead me to believe that they would be even cheaper.

Then I noticed the price tag, £3.00 for for cans, without the need of a calculator I worked out that is a pound dearer.

There was a worker filling shelves nearby, I asked if perhaps there was a mistake on the multipack?

Oh no, the offer is only on individual tins not multipacks, I smiled, shook my head in resignation and took 4 individual cans.

Perhaps I should have taken the multipack? They do claim to be 10% cheaper than their opposition.

How much could I have claimed by showing they were 100% above the price of their own products?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-10-2013, 17:50   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: That's ASDA Price!!!!

Happens regular wi many products n many supermarkets, they count on numpties assuming n NOT checking prices. I bought a large bottle of Lenor from Tesco the other week was actually approx 30p cheaper than the smaller size.
Sunflower49 likes this.
Old 10-10-2013, 19:51   #3
God Member

yup big saver packets usually work out more expensive

also make sure you get the deduction on your items such as 3 for £10 as mistakes are often made especially on teh self service tills
Sunflower49 likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 21:29   #4

I've noticed that too-as cashman says It's a sort of trick played on the consumer.

Also same with things that are a larger bottle/can/container (rather than a multipack) which annoys me as buying three or 4 containers of something instead of one or two large ones causes more waste, but buying the larger one sometimes works out more expensive!
cashman likes this.
Old 10-10-2013, 21:33   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower49 View Post
I've noticed that too-as cashman says It's a sort of trick played on the consumer.

Also same with things that are a larger bottle/can/container (rather than a multipack) which annoys me as buying three or 4 containers of something instead of one or two large ones causes more waste, but buying the larger one sometimes works out more expensive!
Yep yeh to have yer wits about yeh in supermarkets, I use 3/4 different ones, though Tesco is me main un, certain things though i never buy yon.
Old 10-10-2013, 22:29   #6
God Member

tesco have appeared many times on watchdog because they keep breaking pricing and advertising rules yet never seem to be punished for it

must be paying people off with roundabouts elsewhere as well lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 08:41   #7
Senior Member+

Went to buy our normal pack of Actimel in Tesco - the 12 pack. Then noticed that the 8 pack worked out at 10p cheaper per bottle so naturally bought the 8 pack - seems a crazy world.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:16   #8

Sometimes it's a date thing - in Morrisons 2 x 500gram packs of rice were cheaper than 1 x 1 kilo pack. The 1 kilo packs had been re-stocked at a new price.
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:24   #9
Beacon of light

You have to have your wits about you when you are navigating the special offers in Supermarkets and a lot of people see Special Offer and believe what is written......Well Done Less for being smarter than the average bear.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 13:39   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You have to have your wits about you when you are navigating the special offers in Supermarkets and a lot of people see Special Offer and believe what is written......Well Done Less for being smarter than the average bear.
At the bottom of the price labels in our supermarkets is the cost of that article per 100grms or cost per 100mls. I don't look at the special price advertised at the top. it is much easier to compare prices of different brands that way, and i am sure i am getting the cheapest whatever the weight, Check to see if your labels are the same
Aussie Irene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 13:57   #11
Beacon of light

Yes, ours are like that too...but some folk can see no further than the sign which yells 'special offer'.
Today I got a couple of soecial offers...well no three, if I am being accurate.
In Morrison they were selling iTunes card discounted by 15%...so three christmas presents have been bought should have cost 75 quid but were £63.75...be sharp this offer only lasts until Sunday....and by buying these himself will get 6p off each gallon of petrol he next buys at Morrisons.
Old 11-10-2013, 15:15   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
...Well Done Less for being smarter than the average bear.
Don't you mean Beer

oh and its not a good idea to go shopping after spending hours in the pub
you tend to miss all the bargains when drunk

Last edited by Mick; 11-10-2013 at 15:19.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 15:41   #13
Beacon of light

Mick, Jay has lent me his keyboard......so you have to expect the odd typo.
Anyway good to hear that you are out and about again.
Old 11-10-2013, 15:51   #14
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Same often goes for the 4 pack and 6 pack of Heinz beans. Sometimes cheaper per tin to buy the 4 pack.
Old 11-10-2013, 16:53   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Mick, Jay has lent me his keyboard......so you have to expect the odd typo.
Anyway good to hear that you are out and about again.
Yep I thought you had borrowed the keyboard when I saw you post in the corned beef hash thread
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..