Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2009, 22:24   #1

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
The Ancient Mariner

Remember the headlines on page 5, 6 or 7 of whatever newspaper you read for October 9th.

Nah!, didn't think so...

It was the day Nasa 'bombed' the moon..we watched and saw a plume of dust! Nothing else! A plume of dust.

The newspapers printed...'Phut', 'phizzle'. 'splat' , 'spectacular failure' , 'waste of money' etc... ( god knows what they expected..maybe a horde of kilingons appearing from the ruptured surface, or two circular polo shaped beams of light claiming to be mysterons and then reanimating Elvis )

Guess what was in that plume of dust..

NASA - LCROSS Impact Data Indicates Water on Moon

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan 1934-1996)
Old 13-11-2009, 22:40   #2
God Member

Re: The Ancient Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Remember the headlines on page 5, 6 or 7 of whatever newspaper you read for October 9th.

Nah!, didn't think so...

It was the day Nasa 'bombed' the moon..we watched and saw a plume of dust! Nothing else! A plume of dust.

The newspapers printed...'Phut', 'phizzle'. 'splat' , 'spectacular failure' , 'waste of money' etc... ( god knows what they expected..maybe a horde of kilingons appearing from the ruptured surface, or two circular polo shaped beams of light claiming to be mysterons and then reanimating Elvis )

Guess what was in that plume of dust..

NASA - LCROSS Impact Data Indicates Water on Moon

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. (Carl Sagan 1934-1996)
Very informative..........I will put that to the hobgoblins who have nothing better to do..........Come in 'High Profile'???????

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 22:57   #3

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Very informative..........I will put that to the hobgoblins who have nothing better to do..........Come in 'High Profile'???????
Hehe..cute response, maybe your grandchildren will read that post one day and think.. hey, there's my grandad showing early stage dementia

Point is, one day humanity is going to need to get off this rock of ours and learn to live in that student accommodation called space. We need to open the paper and look for somewhere we can afford, and if its got running water, thats a start!
Old 13-11-2009, 23:04   #4
God Member

Quote:
Hehe..cute response, maybe your grandchildren will read that post one day and think.. hey, there's my grandad showing early stage dementia

Point is, one day humanity is going to need to get off this rock of ours and learn to live in that student accommodation called space. We need to open the paper and look for somewhere we can afford, and if its got running water, thats a start!
If you fancy the moon as your second home.....go for it.
Mental agility is still my strongest point.........what's yours ?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2009, 23:21   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

if that time ever comes, i'll be long outa the game, so don't really give a monkeys.
Old 14-11-2009, 14:36   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
If you fancy the moon as your second home.....go for it.
Mental agility is still my strongest point.........what's yours ?
I think, (though I may be guessing), his will be a pint of Guinness!

What a shame, you've been on Holiday, everyone else got on together so well, no arguments, you come back spend a couple of days isolating yourself in 'who's on-line', then without any prompting not only have a go at the post starter but also figments of your own imagination.

When is your next holiday? Some of us already feel we need a break, by the way did you see the post were I welcomed you back? NO, I didn't think so! (But it is there).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..