Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2010, 18:16   #31
Full Member+

Re: The Budget

Has anyone looked at their new tax codes yet! Seems that the thieving toe rags are bent on extracting even more from those in receipt of pensions.

Last edited by Neil; 27-03-2010 at 01:02. Reason: language
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2010, 21:16   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The thing that really brassed me off about this budget, whilst obvious to anyone "Cuts" will have to come, was hearing that "Overseas Aid" will NOT be cut, whilst not really objecting to aiding less fortunates, OUR OWN PEOPLE should come FIRST.
that will never happen under any government everyone else first then uk citizens can have their scraps or whats left.

oops i forgot what was a fair comment is now racism i do appologise

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 21:49   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
that will never happen under any government everyone else first then uk citizens can have their scraps or whats left.

oops i forgot what was a fair comment is now racism i do appologise
agree non will ever do owt about it, as fer care what anyone thinks about my comment, if its racist,its their problem. i notice none of the politicos have passed comment, still expect little else.

Last edited by cashman; 26-03-2010 at 21:51.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2010, 21:54   #34
God Member

Quote:
The thing that really brassed me off about this budget, whilst obvious to anyone "Cuts" will have to come, was hearing that "Overseas Aid" will NOT be cut, whilst not really objecting to aiding less fortunates, OUR OWN PEOPLE should come FIRST.
We have people dying needlessly in these countries. I'm all for putting our own people first, but we're not dying on mass of easily curable diseases. It helps us in the long term if we can support other economies development and human life.
Old 26-03-2010, 22:07   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
We have people dying needlessly in these countries. I'm all for putting our own people first, but we're not dying on mass of easily curable diseases. It helps us in the long term if we can support other economies development and human life.
so am i correct to assume ya wouldn't consider cutting it then?
Old 26-03-2010, 22:08   #36
God Member

Quote:
so am i correct to assume ya wouldn't consider cutting it then?
I'd consider it, but it's one of the things I'd like to protect yep.
Old 26-03-2010, 22:35   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
We also have people dying needlessly in this country, cancer patients being denied life saving drugs being just one example. Is it not right and proper that we look after our own people first? I certainly think so.
Old 26-03-2010, 22:41   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

protecting it is fine, when we can afford it, its about time our own came first. problem is no party ever listens to the public.
Old 26-03-2010, 22:45   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Lets be honest here andrew, you have continuously bitched about the national debt, so why when the nations in such dire straights, do ya not really wish to reduce the debt, by a method which is less damaging to our people? cuts are coming in the NHS,Education, Armed forces etc etc, why not protect them as far as possible?

Last edited by cashman; 26-03-2010 at 22:48.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 00:28   #40
God Member

Quote:
Lets be honest here andrew, you have continuously bitched about the national debt, so why when the nations in such dire straights, do ya not really wish to reduce the debt, by a method which is less damaging to our people? cuts are coming in the NHS,Education, Armed forces etc etc, why not protect them as far as possible?
We're spending less than 0.7% of gross national income on saving lives of people, human beings, from illnesses we can cure by visiting our local pharmacy. Helping the international community develop is not only the right thing to do, but it helps our economy in the long run by them being a trading partner.

We should protect the NHS budget, yes. As for the rest I think cuts are required. Labour agree and want to cut 'deeper and tougher' than Margaret Thatcher. I don't think we should cut international aid, because there are savings we can make at home that won't kill people.
Old 27-03-2010, 00:37   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whilst i sympathise with the poor sods in haiti, i find it very hard to visulise em ever being our trading partner, long term or not, plus other places in the past.
Old 27-03-2010, 00:41   #42
God Member

International aid should be kept.. we are talking about a very small percentage of national income.. like under 2%.. you may be able to set up a few satelite dishes for that money in Britian, but it could mean water and a decent start for some kids on this planet.

Last edited by Mancie; 27-03-2010 at 00:43.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 00:44   #43
Give, give, give member

Quote:
whilst i sympathise with the poor sods in haiti, i find it very hard to visulise em ever being our trading partner, long term or not, plus other places in the past.
Are you suggesting that you'd prefer to first hug-a-hoodie at home, rather than abroad?

I think a very popular concept, dear to the heart of the majority of British people, is that primarily charity begins at home, and only after your own house is in order, can you think about helping others.

Not many politicans seem to have grasped that that is a vote winner.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 00:45   #44
God Member

Quote:
Seem to remember a few years back the UK gave a few million £s to India for development aid and they spent it buying fightger planes from Russia , caused a few "raised eyebrows" at the time , but the aid continued
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2010, 00:49   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
International aid should be kept.. we are talking about a very small percentage of national income.. like under 2%.. you may be able to set up a few satelite dishes for that money in Britian, but it could mean water and a decent start for some kids on this planet.
Or it might, as many people fear, mean a few more gold taps in a despot's mansion, or arms for an autocrat's soldiers, to keep his people from being free.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..